• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

turd polishing help

beakie

NAXJA Forum User
I am in need of some numbers/help to get parts for my D30.

the turd I have has bent LCA mounts, which were than skidded anyway. So I am cutting those off, shock mounts off too. I am debating whether to cut the coil mounts off too, and put the coil on top of the axle instead of forward a bit (like stock) I know it will stretch wheel base a bit but I am ok with that. I have a Y-link waiting to go in so I should be able to compensate for any stretch... I think.

I am getting the parts from a local guy, but he needs to know what degree I need the new LCA mounts to be made at. For example RS (who he distributes for) makes these 10* mounts or these 0* mounts
So he will either order what I need, or if he can, just make something to suit my needs. What I would like to end up with is something along these lines, with shock mounts too, not just the control arm mounts.
100_1601.jpg
Lftshockmount.jpg

So with that in mind, what information can I give him in regards to angles/degree drop? Since the LCA would have to be mounted angled towards the center of the axle somewhat one side of the mount would have to be a little shorter no?

This making any sense at all?

I will continue searching for +/- of mounting new coil buckets right on top of the axle as opposed to leaving stock, but if you have any thoughts on that, feel free to leave it too. My main concern is giving him something to go on for my immediate needs.

thanks for the help.

Last edited:
buy the 0* mount's and see how well they line up with the arm's once you tack them in place. If they need to be trimmed on one side,, just grind them down to work. your going to need to make adjustment's on either set so just buy the 0's and go from there. I used the same one's on the rear of our *gasp* TJ and they worked great.

Back