• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE

In my last XJ I had a 4.5" rough country lift, with the transfer case drop kit, and did not vibrate under normal driving. So you might be able to get by with just a T-case drop.

even if you dont get vibes after a t-case drop, i would save for an SYE and do it to be safe, and of course to get that 1" of clearance back!

1999 Classic with a 5.5" RE lift and 3/4" TC drop kit. I've had minimal vibes between about 25 & 40mph for the last six years but it's never been more than an annoyance. I put in a SYE and took out the TC drop and now it's smooooth. (and I'm not always worrying that I'm going to break something)

1999 Classic with a 5.5" RE lift and 3/4" TC drop kit. I've had minimal vibes between about 25 & 40mph for the last six years but it's never been more than an annoyance. I put in a SYE and took out the TC drop and now it's smooooth. (and I'm not always worrying that I'm going to break something)

Got any more pics of the vehicle with the RE lift ? How do you like it ? Which shocks are you using and do you like them ?

Got any more pics of the vehicle with the RE lift ? How do you like it ? Which shocks are you using and do you like them ?

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=82982&page=12

First post on the above linked page shows my XJ in it's lifted but otherwise nearly stock form...

No complaints regarding the lift and I went with the Doetsch shocks. I'm happy with them but really have nothing to compare them to.

Back to our regularly scheduled thread...

I'd go with the SYE. You never know if you're going to go bigger. I was using the TC drop for a long time but the vibes got to me eventually. NOT the reason for getting the SYE though.

I have a 1999 XJ with a 4.5 inch Rough Country Lift
I have the T-Case drop with 6 degrre shims on the rear leaf packs.
Been driving on this for a year. No vibes at all.
Every jeep is different though

I have a 1999 XJ with a 4.5 inch Rough Country Lift
I have the T-Case drop with 6 degrre shims on the rear leaf packs.
Been driving on this for a year. No vibes at all.
Every jeep is different though

Seems to me that 6 degree shims with no SYE would make for some funky driveline angles? I'm running 8 degree shims with a SYE and my angles are dead on. Are your TC output and your pinion actually parallel with those shims in? I guess it just goes to show that there is no way to determine the shims you need for your particular application without measuring.

Back