• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H1 Beedlock wheels......

Justpunchit

NAXJA Member #1291
I'm looking into getting a set of Humvee beadlocks for my rig but I'm just wondering what's the better wheel the 8 bolt lock ring wheels, or the 16 bolt? I'm sure someone will know here....

I think they are 8 and 12, there may be a 16 also but I've never seen one.

It would seem logical that more bolts are more better, less stress per bolt. Seeing as how they were both run by the military I bet they both work fine.

Eric,
There are only 8 bolts and 12 bolts. These refer to the number of bolts that hold the two halves together, not the bolt pattern. Stock they are 8 on 6.5" with 7.25" backspacing.

8 bolts came stock with 36" bias ply tires and magnesium runflats. These runflats almost have to be cut down so that they don't tear up the sidewall when aired down.
12 bolts came stock with 37" radial tires and rubber runflats. These runflats are better, but I've heard can be a pain to install.
That is not saying you can't run one on the other. I'll be running my bias Pitbulls on my 12bolts with Dean Reed's steel runflats.

Hope that helps ya.

oh no no I knew about that, I was wondering if the 8 bolts aren't as strong as the 16 bolts, I have a chance to get a set of the 8 bolt bead locks cheap but if the 16 bolt version are stronger in anyway I will just hold off.

oh no no I knew about that, I was wondering if the 8 bolts aren't as strong as the 16 bolts, I have a chance to get a set of the 8 bolt bead locks cheap but if the 16 bolt version are stronger in anyway I will just hold off.

Didn't they just say there is NOT a 16 bolt version, only 8 and 12? :rolleyes:

How cheap is cheap? What kinda shape are the studs? Beadlocks/runflats inculded? There are many factors.
Didn't they just say there is NOT a 16 bolt version, only 8 and 12? :rolleyes:
Yup, we did. ;)

I don't know that I would call those bead locks. They are just 2-pc. wheels. The only thing that keeps the bead from coming off is the run flat insert. Its like a big urethane donut that gets folded then shoved into the tire, then the rim halves are bolted together.

I don't know that I would call those bead locks. They are just 2-pc. wheels. The only thing that keeps the bead from coming off is the run flat insert. Its like a big urethane donut that gets folded then shoved into the tire, then the rim halves are bolted together.

Which is what locks the bead to the rim and makes it a beadlock:patriot:

No, it is a beadlock in the sense of the term.
A true double beadlock.

Well for the sake of not arguing anymore, I'll add one more thing. The rims themselves are not bead locks, the run flat insert makes them bead locks.

Is this a hard concept to grasp?

8 bolts tend to have better after market support, at least from what Ive seen. I also have these wheels.
If your going to get them recentered just buy them done on pirate the guys just too cheap to bother with it your self.

8 bolts tend to have better after market support, at least from what Ive seen. I also have these wheels.
What do you mean by aftermarket support?
Centers will fit either 8 or 12 bolts, no difference.
Runflats/beadlocks will fit either 8 or 12 bolts, no difference.
Studs and nuts are the same for each.
Rock ring designs are plentiful for each.
If your going to get them recentered just buy them done on pirate the guys just too cheap to bother with it your self.
Agreed, if shipping doesn't kill you.

Back