• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Schedule of events for the week of the race

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
King of the Hammers tentative schedules Feb. 23-27 2009.

Subject to change.

Monday Feb. 23
12:00 pm –3:00 pm Driver check in. Course map and GPS down loads. Bring a SD card if you wish to copy down load.
Raceline wheels main tent. Please see Melinda Foster Driver’s liaison.
(Note: Melinda Foster “ Roxy” Will be driver’s main contact for race information)

Vendors begin move in. Please see Desiree Porter in Raceline wheels main tent.
(Note: Desiree Porter will be vendor liaison, and vendor contact for race information.)

Hammerking productions will not be hosting Pre running of the race course, Course workers will be marking course during week, please be advised and maintain a safe speed while enjoying the JVOHV area.

6:00 pm: Raceline main tent;
Pre race address by Hammerking Production Inc.
Financial presentation, and 2009 race announcement.
Future of King of the Hammers Ultimate desert race.

Tuesday Feb.24
10:00 am- 2:00 pm Driver check in, race maps, and GPS down loads available at Raceline main tent.
Media package interviews by appointment. (Multiple locations.)
Merchandise booth opens
Vendor booth moves in
6:00 pm - 6:30 pm "Making the most of your 15 minutes" seminar with Dustin Webster presented by Rockit Motorsports
6:30 PM - 8:00 pm “GPS basics” seminar presented by PCI race radio’s

Weds. Feb.25
10:00 am – 2:00pm final KOH driver check in, race maps and GPS down loads at Raceline main tent
10:00 am – 2:00pm LCQ last chance check in and tech
Check in at Raceline main tent
LCQ tech located at BFGoodrich tires Main pit in contingency row.
12:00 pm last chance to move vendors into contingency row.
4:00 pm mandatory drivers meeting at Raceline main tent. (We will take row call please send a member of your team.) Meeting starts promptly.
5:00 pm dinner hosted by raceline wheels meet and greet
6:00-8:00 pm Totally Offroad Radio (TORR) live broadcast
6:15 pm –7:15 pm “Fire safety” seminar. Hosted by Joe Hanson, and presented by DJ Safety.
7:15-8:15 pm “Weatherman speaks” Radio protocol with The weatherman, presented by PCI race radio’s.

Thursday Feb 26
8:00 am- 2:00 pm Last chance qualifier race. KOH main camp start/ finish. Located on Backdoor trail
12:00 pm- 5:00pm Contingency and race tech for KOH in the center of main camp. All koh race vehicles must participate in race contingency. No vehicles will be admitted to contingency line after 5:00pm. Race suits and helmets are required at Tech inspection. Tech inspection located at the BFGoodrich tires semi in main camp.
6:00 pm Volunteer raffle in the main tent. Presented by the KOH sponsors and race teams.
10:00 pm quiet hours in KOH main pits.

Friday Feb 27
6:00 am begin race line up staged outside assigned pit location. All cars must be staged by 7:30 am.
7:30 am opening ceremonies, Morning invocation. National Anthem. Grand Marshall Walker Evans.
8:00 am King of the Hammers 2009 begins. Race will start promptly at 8:00 am. 2 drivers at a time, 30 second intervals.
Check point closure to follow in your onsite information package.
5:00 pm Race ends.
7:30 pm awards ceremony in Raceline main tent.
7:15 pm BFGoodrich tires presentation
8:00 pm Raceline wheels presentation
8:30 pm Hammerking Productions closing ceremonies.

Sat Feb 28
All day Johnson Valley OHV area trail repair and clean up.
Post race trail ride with the stars of KOH.
Camp clean up.

Thursday Feb 26
8:00 am- 2:00 pm Last chance qualifier race. KOH main camp start/ finish. Located on Backdoor trail
12:00 pm- 5:00pm Contingency and race tech for KOH in the center of main camp. All koh race vehicles must participate in race contingency. No vehicles will be admitted to contingency line after 5:00pm. Race suits and helmets are required at Tech inspection. Tech inspection located at the BFGoodrich tires semi in main camp.
10:00 pm quiet hours in KOH main pits.

Damn, Thursday will be a tough day for the LCQ race guys. If they finish but need repairs there is precious little time for them to do anything to fix their rigs.

Good luck guys.

I'll be there. Matt Adair is riding down and camping with us too, we'll come and say HI. Camping /w the Longfield Super Axles, Those Guys Rod & Customs, and TrailReady crew.

John

I'll be there. Matt Adair is riding down and camping with us too, we'll come and say HI. Camping /w the Longfield Super Axles, Those Guys Rod & Customs, and TrailReady crew.

John

It'll be good to meet you, John. I spoke to Matt yesterday, might have a bunk for him for a night.

Tell you what Matt, you get your arse down here, and I'll make sure you have a place to sleep.

Wait...did that sound toooooo gay?

:wave:
Hahaha, yes.

I will be down there the weekend before KOH (press thing, product release), the 19th-21st. Richard is supposed to show up Sunday evening, and my group I originally planned on staying with isn't getting there until late Monday. I figure I'll be able to find some place to unroll a sleeping bag one way or another, but if you're going to be there earlier than later, I'd appreciate a dry shelter. Thanks!

-----Matt-----

I can't wait to see this thing in action again:

170.jpg

It runs and handles soooooo much better now.

:D

Actually, until I started wanting to really go fast, they were great. Also, they are extremely reliable. The difference comes when speed, and varied terrain, demand bypass shocks. Coilovers and bypasses are very expensive, while the air shocks are cheaper. Even expensive air shocks are cheaper than coilovers and bypasses, though the air shocks are still less reliable.

Back