• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep won't start... not turning over. Help!!

bosco01xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. I have a 2001 XJ. Within the last year its had some problems with the alternator and battery. Replaced the alternator and the batter not too long ago. A few weeks ago i installed bushwackers. After the install, I turned the ignition to back out of the garage. Jeep started fine. A few hours later I turned the ignition to a clicking sound. Immediately I knew it was the battery. Got it jumped. Started fine. Its been fine until yesterday. I was gonna take the jeep to work and again, the clicking. That night when I got home I decided I would re attach the battery cables to the connectors. After I did that I got no more clicking. Now, it just won't turn over. Any suggestions? I tryed jumping it this morning and it still wouldn't turn.

got it started. thanks for the advice.

yeah. its my negative connection. i tightened everything as much as i could so hopefully that works. i'll probably end up buying new connectors.

Back