• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Here's a challenge for you... mounting a snow plow on my XJ w/ an ARB bumper???

90Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 XJ w/ an ARB bumper, winch, lights, etc. It's got a 5.5" RE long arm lift. 33s, gears, etc.

Is there any way to mount a smaller (6ft or less) snow plow on my front end??

I need to plow two hotel parking lots, about 80 spaces each...plus driving area...

What do you think? Completely stupid? Would this destroy my jeep completely??

I have an F250 but don't want to beat on my truck and the jeep would be easier to manuver.

What do you think? Completely stupid? Would this destroy my jeep completely??
Yes

90Pioneer said:
I have an F250 but don't want to beat on my truck and the jeep would be easier to manuver.
I doubt the XJ would be easier to maneuver. You would be puting tons of strain on the unibody, especially since you already have the heavy bumper and winch. I'm pretty sure your steering will feel like crap, as I could definitely feel a difference in turning when I put my ARB without a winch on.

F250 will handle the plow so much better, why do you think you see trucks with plows, and its very rare to see a cherokee with one?

Although they do have those manual adjustment fibreglass snowplows. I believe they either work in a front receiver hitch or they do have mounting brackets to the unibody. That would be fairly light weight for the XJ but I do not even know if it would mount properly with the ARB bumper already on it...

Or just use a normal, comfy, easy hydraulic steel plow on the F150.

Im going to have to go with the F-250 option as well. Besides the fact that the plow will tear apart the unibody, the F250 will have more wieght on the plow for digging in to the snow and you can get a sander for the back and make even more money with it.

Dude, just use the 250. You can try to baby the ford, but it will break down anyway. When that day comes, then you just will have to drive the jeep!

Ha, sad to say, but AMC (and probably chrysler too) offered a snow plow for the XJ even in the 86 year (that only had the 2.5 and 2.8). I bet if you could find an appropriately sized one it wouldn't do damage, but yeah... you have an f250... use that one...

in my oppion you could do it i put a 8'6"westen off a ram charger (and that weighs a good 300 pounds ) on my 95 and i have plowed with it with no problims in low rang and thats with 31's and 307's so i think u wouldent have any problims with a little fiber glass plow

Back