• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory LSD Trak Lok Transplant

GordoSmasho

Nevada Raisins
NAXJA Member
I have a 2000 8.25 29 spline 3.55 with the factory trak lok with a bad inner input pinion bearing but was fully functional when pulled. I have a 98 8.25 29 spline 4.10 open under my xj. I'm wondering is it possible to transplant the trak lok into my 4.10 gears. I'm also wondering how intense this would be and the tools that i would need. I liked the lsd when I had it and am going to put an aussie in the front.

Thanks for any and all input gents.

Have you ever fully set up a ring & pinion before? If you haven't, post in your local chapter to find someone who has done it - fairly recently - to help you (or better - show you, and you help them.)

It's a fairly exacting process, and not something that you should try to do on your own first go-round.

The good news is that you should be able to just move your gears over and change carriers - but do find someone to help you with setup if you've not done it before... And, don't take anything apart if you get someone to help you - there are a few measurements that will be needed off of the old setup...

Yes it can be done but as 5-90 said, it's a bit tricky if it's your first time. I wouldn't let that scare you away from it, but be prepared knowing that it definately won't be a 2 or 3 hour job...

impact, inch/lb torque wrench, something to adjust the adjuster wheels in the 8.25

Thanks gents. I'm also wondering if anyone has an idea where to get a replacment clutch pack? It worked great but i know it has about 190 on it and its probably time for new clutches.

Back