• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front wheel wobble

egotripp

NAXJA Forum User
So I made the 15 hour drive back to Houston from Florida yesterday. Not a bad little trip, except every good bump would make my front passenger tire shake like it had only two lug nuts that were loose. I checke the drag link, ball joints and lug nuts, nothing was loose or missing. Could this be a bad wheel bearing/hub assembly? I like to get that fixed before I put the 6.5 RC lift and 33's before I drive back to Florida.

I checke the drag link, ball joints and lug nuts, nothing was loose or missing. Could this be a bad wheel bearing/hub assembly?

could be, especially if its 2wd.

could also be deth wobble, check alignment in your driveway.( http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoAlignment.htm ) whats the tire condition? tire balance. can cause dw. if theyre new and recently balanced, start elsewhere.
check suspension parts extensively. especially control arm, and trackbar bushings and bracket..

if none of that makes it go away, have someone sit in the jeep and turn the steering wheel lock to lock, while you watch from underneath. make sure your trackbar BRACKET isnt moving. and look for any other jerky movements or clunks or binding in your steering.

your 6.5" kit can make it much worse (i dont think the rc stuff comes w/ steering ??) , or it could actually fix it (should your current control arm bushings or trackbar be the cause, replacing them w/ new parts might help. and your gonna have to re-allign it after the lift anyway.

Last edited:
you can also check your ball joints, jack up a front wheel, and shake the wheel w/ two hands, it shouldnt move really. if it does, determain where the play is.....

the direction of the shake can determain if its ball joints or steering play...

make sure the axle nut isnt loose, and the three bolts that hold on the hub, Also lower and upper control arm bushings, and tight track bar and track bar mount.

Back