• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

starting problem, help!!

streetjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1992 XJ that doesn't seem to want to start. Pulled the starter, cleaned all the connections and the mounting surface. Had it checked while it was out. Tested perfectly. Now the security system light is on in the dash and the fuel pump primes but the starter wont so much as click. I think I may have tripped the security system. I dont know how. But is there a way to turn it off or de-activate it? I'm at a complete loss right now.

Lets see, so I disabled the security system. Still nothing. I can turn the key and no power to the starter. It sucks cause its about a quarter of a mile away from my house right now. I even tried to jumper across the switch and the main power to see if it would kick over and nothing. I cleaned everything with a wire brush and a rag. There wasn't any grease or dirt left anywhere on the mounting surface. I cleaned the bolts, threads and nuts. I didn't want to have to pull this again. Is there something I'm missing?

Back