• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coolant reservoir levels on a 97 xj

xj88superjeep

NAXJA Forum User
My water pump has crapped out on my 97, so I will be swapping in a new one tomorrow, but my question is this...

As my coolant levels in the radiator dwindled, the level in the reservoir stayed full... This is not right... Why wouldn't the rad have pulled it from the reservoir? Anyone know what could cause the reservoir to stay full when I should have seen my levels drop?

Reservoir or hose plugged, radiator cap, the leak is too large and the radiator is breathing through the leak?

I guess it's gotta be the hose to the reservoir... everything seems sound, but we all know things aren't always what they seem...

Found it... while changing the pump, found that it had been secured improperly by whoever did the radiator, and the fan had eaten through the underside of the hose... so that's a big duh for me not checking that, but I didn't think it was anywhere near the fan until I was removing it... of course, the reservoir can't function if the tube has a hole in it...

Back