• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM Side Molding Coming Off - How to Reattach

AlabamaDan

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched but can't find the answer on how to reattach the OEM side molding. After 20 years mine is finally coming loose on one side and sorta curling up like a bananna peel. What's the best thing to attach it back with. Looks like it was originally some type of glue.

I like the OEM look and functionality it provides in parking lots and with my kids around to protect from dings.

So, what kind of glue should I use to put it back and how will I get it to stay there until it's dry enough to let go?

3M Molding Tape...

You can get it at most parts stores or walmart... Just clean you old stuff off with a razor and heat gun and apply the new stuff.

u797373.jpg

http://images.hardwareandtools.com/P/u797373.jpg

An alternative, if you want it really really stuck, is 3M "emblem and trim adhesive." It's like Shoe Goo but less stiff. It really sticks. Sold at good auto parts stores. Shoe Goo will work too, but it's a little thick, making it difficult sometimes to get the trim to lie flat unless it's a very fresh tube. It thickens pretty quickly once opened.

An alternative, if you want it really really stuck, is 3M "emblem and trim adhesive." It's like Shoe Goo but less stiff. It really sticks. Sold at good auto parts stores. Shoe Goo will work too, but it's a little thick, making it difficult sometimes to get the trim to lie flat unless it's a very fresh tube. It thickens pretty quickly once opened.

Sounds like that could be almost as useful as Duct Tape... Well, for other applications of course, where as Duct Tape can be used in EVERY application... :spin1:

Back