• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust Leak= failed emissions last year...

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
So my wife has a 90' Laredo, automatic... Last year we had the fits trying to get that thing passing emissions. Finally we got help to do a tune up + ran some seafoam through it. It had trouble, but it finally passed.

This past saturday we were getting ready to go rake a yard, her Jeep was warming up when she pointed something out to me... there was a bunch of smoke (it was cold) coming from underneath the Jeep, not just the tail pipe. Sure enough, I look down and I see where the culprit is coming from.

100_1445.jpg

I don't know if you can see well from the pic, it's dark out so poor lighting, but right there along the bottom is a good long seam that's no longer welded/attached to the main body of the unit. Would that have been the reason for a failed emissions? We're due again for emissions this month and I wanna get her Jeep situated before we go and do it. Can this be fixed by welding it back or...

I gotta get under there tomorrow and check her O2 sensor as well, mine read 13ohms...

Put up the report from the failed emissions.

Back