• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG KM2 request....

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry guys, had to do it....i've been searchin for 2 weeks through posts about tires and i'm not finding too many specifics on these newer tires. Anyone have snow/mud/rock/road experience w/ these KM2's yet? I was about to go for the bighorns but w/ some discounts 4wheelparts is runnin i can actually get these cheaper! Are they worth it?

I've had 'em for a few weeks now, no complaints so far. I have only taken them on the road, dirt, and mud. They are quiet on the road, can't tell a difference between them and my old BFG A/Ts. Offroad, I havn't had them slip yet. My only previous experience is with all terrains so obviously it's night and day offroad. Not too much experience with them but I hope i could help some.

I havn't had them slip yet.

you haven't tried hard enough

a buddy of mine has them on his DD f-150 and loves them.... but no real abuse stories yet, that i know of.

Been on the trail a few times since I got mine including a snow run and I love them, lots of grip and they look good too. The only mud terain tires I have run other than these were the old BFG muds's and I think these are better.

I had my km2's in snow thay work great. Thay have lots of grip in loose snow and in ice.

My local costco quoted $151. and some change but would not install them on my jeep b/c they were over sized by more then 3%.

Take your wheels off and bring those in and tell them it's for a Bronco. That's what I did...granted that was for my 31's, but I bet they'd installed 33's on a Bronco.

~Scott

Wow, that sounds real good...was this a local tire shop you have or somewhere online?

I got the same price at Sams Club, and it includes lifetime road hazard.

And the guys at my Sams have been VERY forgiving about offroad hazards, too! :kissyou:

Robert

I have had mine for a few months and think they are a big improvement on the older KM M/T's. I went to Moab a month ago and they seemed to work better than the MTR's did on everyone elses truck. I have had them in thick mud and they clean out much better than the previous style M/T, they throw huge chuncks of mud with little tire speed required. I think they are a little louder on the road though but they ride nice, smooth, and straight. They also have a stronger sidewall than the KM's. Can't wait to try them in the snow this weekend!

Pickup up my 35x12.5x15s for 720 out the door last weekend. I let you know I might go play around this weekend.

JeepBoy...if you do end up getting them in the snow, let me know how they do! From what i'm hearing about rocks and mud they are great but i still dont have too much feedback about snow driving.

I took mine out a couple of weekends ago on a snow run and they performed awsome, much better than the old KM's IMO. They actually performed better than I thought they would.

so one person says they are as quite on road as A/T's and someonelse said they are loud on the road. anyone else have some input.

I was planning to get a set of a/t's for street and a second set of wheels and tires for mud, but if theese tire are as quite as A/T's I will skip that plan.

Back