• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" actual lift + 32" tires no trim?

slapshot

NAXJA Forum User
hey all

this is kind of a dumb question, sorry, but i cant find anything on here.

I know most commonly ppl lift ~ 3" toss on some 31" x 10.5 shoes on their rig. but.... has anyone played around with this slightly.

i'm wondering if anyone has a older style jeep with actual 3" lift, rocking some 32's or 31" x something wider than 10.5.

stock flares or bushwackers with no trim, perhaps front bumper trim would be cool also

pics would be sweet.

cheers

Last edited:
I believe you have to trim a lot to fit bushwackers. I had about 3.5" lift and 32's on my 98 and had to trim slightly to even drive on the street without rubbing.

If you wheel it, trim. I run 31's with a 3" lift (recently converted to a 4" bastard lift) and I had to trim to not rub when off road. And when I got new wheels with proper backspacing, on the street everything was great but once I went off road I flexed the crap outa my fenders and had to do a hack job on the trail. (Now my trim doesnt look as nice as it could)

~Scott

i wheel a bit, but minimal flex is required on the trials around here. mostly snow type stuff going in the mountains. I really would like to get some better grip/ more contact with some bigger wheels, but i like the 3 inches i have already. no vibes, no regear etc. i dont do any rocks or anything, so crazy flex isnt an issue.

Here is a 3" OME hybrid and 32's, this is my sons XJ.

They will work with a lot of bump stopping, which isn't good for the rock we run. He is going back to 31's when he gets the money.

P1010595.jpg

P1010617.jpg

ran 3" and 32's with just trimming in the front, stock bumpstops

that looks b e a utiful!

how much bumpstop are we talkin here? i play hockey so puck supply isnt an issue. i'm assuming those 32's are 11.5" wide?

ps, thx for the pic

that looks b e a utiful!

how much bumpstop are we talkin here? i play hockey so puck supply isnt an issue. i'm assuming those 32's are 11.5" wide?

ps, thx for the pic

They do appear to be 11.50. If you look at the second pic at about 8 o'clock on the tire the size is visible.

4.5" lift. no trimming. 32x11.50's on stock rims
Jeep2.jpg

same lift but trimmed up to the body line in front and cut and fold rear. crager soft 8's. 3.75" bs
Jeep1.jpg

or just go all out and run boggers. 33x12.50" with same lift and trimming, but with 2" bs american racing rims
100_0483.jpg

sorry. not exactly what you're looking for, but kinda gives you an idea of how much space you'll have running 32's

is 4.5 the actual lift height? those boggers look dope on your rig. i kind of want to stay away from trimming/ folding etc etc. i live in the salty snowy north.
anyone have any good reviews about 31-32" tires for snow use. i've heard good things about the siping on the truxs by interco, but they only make em in 31 or 33. i'm not a huge fan of bf goodrich, too pricey and not meaty enough. this is my dd, but i also have tires for the summer.

is 4.5 the actual lift height? those boggers look dope on your rig. i kind of want to stay away from trimming/ folding etc etc. i live in the salty snowy north.
anyone have any good reviews about 31-32" tires for snow use. i've heard good things about the siping on the truxs by interco, but they only make em in 31 or 33. i'm not a huge fan of bf goodrich, too pricey and not meaty enough. this is my dd, but i also have tires for the summer.

i have no idea. never thought to measure it after i put it in. it's a 3" skyjacker with 1.5" teraflex spacers and shackles. prolly settled down to about 4" by now. and i live in ct so i kinda know what you're talking about, but you'd be fine trimming and/or folding. i did before winter and the salt didn't do anything to my fenders. just make sure you repaint them after you cut so there's no bare metal. the first pic is of the tires i'm running now. last winter i had the boggers on so idk how these will do. the trxus have nice tread on em tho and do great in almost everything. if i were you i would just go with 31's if you don't wanna cut. you won't have much flex at all with 32's and 3" and you gotta be willing to sacrifice some things to get what you want. 32's = bigger lift or trimming for flex. 31's = more tire selection.
EDIT: after reading your first post i see that you will go with 31's if they're wider. look at either the tsl's or ltb's. i think they come in either 12.5 or 13.5 in 31's

Can I put 32" Tires on a 3" lift with no plans to go wheelin? Strictly a daily driver for looks. some trails and snow and beach driving (fishing/camping/snowboarding) but nothing that would break a sweat. 99% City and Highway miles

^ keep your sway bars connected and you might get away with it. Depends on the actual tire height and tread pattern; not all tires are created the same.

I don't see why people are so shy of bump stopping their suspension; it's never THAT hard to do. Here is mine on 32's with 4.5" lift and stock flares. I can lift/stuff any tire without rubbing.

FlexTest-03-05-11022.jpg

this was my cheap solution.
BumpstopsonRTIramp001.jpg

BumpstopsonRTIramp002.jpg

Basically the hockey puck idea but machined from High Impact PVC and counter-bored for a hexagonal socket head. drill/tap the spring hat.
BumpStops-03-07-11008.jpg

Hell I even bump stopped my drift car suspension so I can three wheel over pavement transitions without rubbing. Life is just so much better when you don't rub.

25inBumpStops-EDFCinstall009.jpg

25inBumpStops-EDFCinstall011.jpg

Last edited:
Back