• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock radio connector

ChuckstrPT

NAXJA Member #791
So, I'm trying to re-install my factory head unit....I've got the two main connectors, but I seem to be missing a 2 prong connector? There is 1 black wire left back there....looks to have a nonfactory spade type connector - female end...and the two prong male ends are left open on the back of the radio......anyone know what the 2 prong is supposed to get on the back of the radio? and where does the lone black wire (I'm guessing ground) go??
Thank you!

So, I'm trying to re-install my factory head unit....I've got the two main connectors, but I seem to be missing a 2 prong connector? There is 1 black wire left back there....looks to have a nonfactory spade type connector - female end...and the two prong male ends are left open on the back of the radio......anyone know what the 2 prong is supposed to get on the back of the radio? and where does the lone black wire (I'm guessing ground) go??
Thank you!

The ground goes on the back of the radio, I have a 97TJ and a 98XJ, the TJ radio had a connector on the back, just a tab, the XJ, same radio had a threaded stud on it, both are am/fm/cass head units. I replaced both with am/fm/cd/usb/bluetooth head units.

If you're talking about the 2-pin socket on the radio itself, don't worry about it. It's a communications bus wire that the XJ body in all it's history has never used. The lone black wire gets connected directly to a matching male terminal right on the metal case of the radio.

Back