• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The end all solution to increase mpg

pSYChedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Lay off the long rectangular pedal....its a miracle!

I used my 4-month deployment as a good opportunity to break a bad habit.

Pre-deployment: heavy on gas, highway speeds 70-75mph, rpm's ~ 2500
> 16mpg city, 18mpg highway

Post-deployment: light on the gas, highway speeds 60-65mph, rpm's ~ 2000
> 18mpg city, 22mpg highway

Of course, my '00 is bone stock except for a Rusty's airtube and K&N cone, but its a very encouraging difference. From now on, look for me in the right hand lane with a line of pissed off folks in my rearview. Now its time to legitimately decrease my mpg by growing bigger.....

- Jay

Jay2000XJ said:
Lay off the long rectangular pedal....its a miracle!

I used my 4-month deployment as a good opportunity to break a bad habit.

Pre-deployment: heavy on gas, highway speeds 70-75mph, rpm's ~ 2500
> 16mpg city, 18mpg highway

Post-deployment: light on the gas, highway speeds 60-65mph, rpm's ~ 2000
> 18mpg city, 22mpg highway

Of course, my '00 is bone stock except for a Rusty's airtube and K&N cone, but its a very encouraging difference. From now on, look for me in the right hand lane with a line of pissed off folks in my rearview. Now its time to legitimately decrease my mpg by growing bigger.....

- Jay
You should be on an info-mercial, man. That's revolutionary stuff! You could be rich!

I mean we could be rich...seeing as it was my idea to market it. :D

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
You should be on an info-mercial, man. That's revolutionary stuff! You could be rich!

I mean we could be rich...seeing as it was my idea to market it. :D

-----Matt-----

Yeah, but I copyrighted it, so while you can market it (and do all the work), I sit back and get fat drinking beer while collecting royalties.:cheers:

I wonder what ground-breaking new discovery I'll make tomorrow....

-Jay

How about a little hand that sticks to the hood that gives people the "BIRD" when they cut you off. It will save wear and tear on the window motors from rolling them down to do it.

Just a thought!

You market your gas saving idea, and I'll market a banner for the back window:

"I'm not going slow to piss you off. I'm just trying to do my part preserve the oil supply!"

HeyRay2 said:
"I'm not going slow to piss you off. I'm just trying to do my part preserve the oil supply!"

BRILLIANT! I wonder if I should be worried about the rights to a gas-mileage cartoon character or made-for-T.V. movie.

and how much alcohol was involved to make this stunning discovery?

ladywolf said:
and how much alcohol was involved to make this stunning discovery?

Hmm, I dunno. I'd feel guilty telling you how much alcohol I've been consuming since returning from the land of General Order #1.

heh, figures.

all in due time, all in due time, i will get to have fun.....and wrench.....and get drunk......and no longer have to follow the damnable general order #1

ladywolf said:
heh, figures.

all in due time, all in due time, i will get to have fun.....and wrench.....and get drunk......and no longer have to follow the damnable general order #1

Good to hear. After talking with Ecksjay about my rig, all he could talk (complain) about was your parts cluttering up his shop. Maybe I'll just do him the favor and "borrow" your parts for my Heep. :D

- Jay

I will walk my post in a military manner keeping always on the alert and observe everything that takes place within sight or hearing. At least, that's how I remember it....I always got in trouble for #7.

Jay2000XJ said:
Good to hear. After talking with Ecksjay about my rig, all he could talk (complain) about was your parts cluttering up his shop. Maybe I'll just do him the favor and "borrow" your parts for my Heep. :D

- Jay

i wouldnt try it. have been patiently..........ok very impatiently....waiting to get home to start the wrench fest. the only thing i am literally missing now is wheels and tires. that and my various pieces parts i'm getting from avanteone.

Back