• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what was all the submodels. aka larado

Some, I pulled most from a book I got for my bday "The Story of Jeep" worth the look, Ill post the '90+ stuff when I get back from work.

Here is what you are looking for?

Trim Levels

84 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief
85 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief, Laredo
86 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief, Laredo
87 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief, Laredo, Limited
88 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief, Laredo, Limited, Sport
89 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief, Laredo, Limited, Sport
90 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief, Laredo, Limited, Sport
91 - Base, Briarwood, Chief, Laredo, Limited, Sport
92 - Base, Briarwood, Chief, Laredo, Limited, Sport
93 - Base, Sport, Country
94 - SE, Sport, Country
95 - SE, Sport, Country
96 - SE, Sport, Country, Classic
97 - SE, Sport, Country
98 - SE, Sport, Classic, Limited
99 - SE, Sport, Classic, Limited
00 - SE, Sport, Classic, Limited, Freedom

01 - Sport, Limited, 60th Anniversary Edition

I guarantee that my grizzly edition did come that way from the dealership when I bought it new. My insurance says "sport edition" on it but nowhere on my jeep is there a sport emblem. There were two of them in the showroom that they were trying to clear out at the end of the '99 model year (November '99). Very basic truck (2dr, 5sp, no air, no skids, no nothing) but very cheap. See pics.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l19/dennisgrimm/P9190549.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l19/dennisgrimm/P9190548.jpg

*shrug* it was cheap.

The stickers are pretty weak, but I am just too lazy to pull them off. The only other grizzly edition I have ever seen was the one sitting next to it on the showroom floor. I kinda suspect that it was one of the last '99's built or something. meh, whatever. Still a good jeep.

12GaugeXJ said:
Here is what you are looking for?

Trim Levels

84 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief
85 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief, Laredo
86 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief, Laredo
87 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief, Laredo, Limited
88 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief, Laredo, Limited, Sport
89 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief, Laredo, Limited, Sport
90 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief, Laredo, Limited, Sport
91 - Base, Briarwood, Chief, Laredo, Limited, Sport
92 - Base, Briarwood, Chief, Laredo, Limited, Sport
93 - Base, Sport, Country
94 - SE, Sport, Country
95 - SE, Sport, Country
96 - SE, Sport, Country, Classic
97 - SE, Sport, Country
98 - SE, Sport, Classic, Limited
99 - SE, Sport, Classic, Limited
00 - SE, Sport, Classic, Limited, Freedom

01 - Sport, Limited, 60th Anniversary Edition
Nice, very nice... and correct I might add, right down to the Brairwoods, Freedom & 60th. :D
dennisgrimm said:
I have a "grizzly edition"
This is not a factory option. It was a dealer installed "trim level". Here in Utah we had dealers install a "Rocky Mountain Edition" and more recently the "Red Rock Edition" for the Moab enthusiast on our local XJ's. I've also heard of "Big Country" and "Texas" editions. I'm sure there are many other basically 'sticker' editions that were put onto what were originally SE or Sport trim level XJ's.

JEEPZZ said:
This is not a factory option. It was a dealer installed "trim level". Here in Utah we had dealers install a "Rocky Mountain Edition" and more recently the "Red Rock Edition" for the Moab enthusiast on our local XJ's. I've also heard of "Big Country" and "Texas" editions. I'm sure there are many other basically 'sticker' editions that were put onto what were originally SE or Sport trim level XJ's.

Yep, just stickers they stuck on the pieces of crap to get rid of them.

From looking at mine, youd think it would be a Saharra Edition since its a deset sand color all over. I think I might make that a Joshua offered trim level for XJs. Itll also be a Pioneer since my whole sound system is Pioneer :D

I don't think the trim levels are in order of price. Sport in 90 was below Laredo. I never saw a Chief in 90 either. I have a brochure from when I bought mine. I think the Wagoneer in 90 was still the full size Jeep not an XJ.

sjx40250 said:
I don't think the trim levels are in order of price. Sport in 90 was below Laredo. I never saw a Chief in 90 either. I have a brochure from when I bought mine. I think the Wagoneer in 90 was still the full size Jeep not an XJ.

The Waggy was an XJ from 1984 on. The FSJ was called the "Grand Wagoneer." Standard Catalogue of Jeep

5-90

My memory is excelent, just very short. I do remember the difference. But did they produce both during the same year? I thought one replaced the other.

As I recall, the FSJ was in production until 1991 or 1992. The Waggy definitely was around during the RENIX years - I think it was done until 1990 or 1991, but I'd have to check...

Short answer - yes, both were in production. The FSJ used to be "Cherokee" and "Wagoneer" - it became the "Grand Wagoneer" when the XJ came about in Cherokee and Wagoneer trim...

5-90

5-90 said:
Short answer - yes, both were in production. The FSJ used to be "Cherokee" and "Wagoneer" - it became the "Grand Wagoneer" when the XJ came about in Cherokee and Wagoneer trim...

5-90
From what I remember about the SJ's is all the SJ Cherokee's were the 2 door version while the SJ Wagoneer's were four door.

Back