• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 in. OME or 3.5 in RE super ride

FlexdXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Damn it i'm torn between the two. I know OME is supposed to be the best riding kit out there but the RE kit is cheaper, Comes with u-bolts, And has free shipping at www.jeepinoutfitters.com but comes with shocks at www.4x4groupbuy.com. Either way i''ll be buying the Iron Rock Track bar for the Jeep. I am assuming i will need to make a t-case crop for both. Am i correct? BTW i will not be going any bigger than a 3.5 inch lift and 31's as this is my daily driver and i don't really wheel any hardcore obstacles

The family TJ has a RE (4.5? I don't remember). It rides VERY well, although we are talking about a different model jeep. Don't have any RE XJ experience.

Just my 2 cents

Edit- And yeah, you will need at least a trans case drop. Possibly even a SYE if it's a finnicky newer model XJ

i run the RE 3.5 superride with RE Monotube shocks.

my 95 has a transfercase drop

i love it. it rides well, tracks well, drives well. looks great. is functional off road. does everything i need.

go to dan turner for your RE needs. hes wayyyyyyyyyyy cheaper then anywhere else.

the 3.5 superride with full leaf packs is around 500 and the monotubes were i think 250ish.

Rubicon Express all the way
go with the full leaf packs for shure.. I have the 3.5 superride with monotube shocks and it rides far better than my wore out stock suspension did. It will actualy set about 4 inches of lift, then settle in a little bit.
Only extra thing i needed was a transfer case drop.. easy to make though. If you have an older model you may not even need it or an SYE.
And yes the super ride still flex's very well.

Last edited:
I've had the OME setup before (currently it's mix of RE and OME) and two of my friends has the RE 3.5. Ride wise, the OME setup definately gives a more plush ride, but you don't get much lift with it unless you intend going with BB lift kit in conjuction with the OME which works extremely well. RE comes with control arms which OME doesn't. RE can also take a load better than OME.

If it was me, although I am a huge fan of OME, I'd opt for the RE kit and the reason is that with just the normal OME kit, you don't get enough lift for even 31" tyres. Mine 31s rubbed quite a bit before I later extended the lift with a BB, but I did a SYE at the same time.

If you do decide to settle for OME, go for at least the heavier duty OME 934 coils and also fit an OME extra leaf in the spring pack from the beginning.

I have the 2.5" OME kit in my 99 now, and am replacing it with thw RE 3.5" S/F kit. The OME springs were way to soft for my summer camping trips. We load the jeep up pretty good with a 130lbs newfie in the back 3 adult and the loaded down trailer. The rear sagged bad enough that the tires would rub on the smallest bump.

^^ Good point, the RE leafs are well stiff enough that they shouldn't sag unless you have a ton of weight in the back.

I've had the OME setup before (currently it's mix of RE and OME) and two of my friends has the RE 3.5. Ride wise, the OME setup definately gives a more plush ride, but you don't get much lift with it unless you intend going with BB lift kit in conjuction with the OME which works extremely well. RE comes with control arms which OME doesn't. RE can also take a load better than OME.

If it was me, although I am a huge fan of OME, I'd opt for the RE kit and the reason is that with just the normal OME kit, you don't get enough lift for even 31" tyres. Mine 31s rubbed quite a bit before I later extended the lift with a BB, but I did a SYE at the same time.

If you do decide to settle for OME, go for at least the heavier duty OME 934 coils and also fit an OME extra leaf in the spring pack from the beginning.

Thats exactly what i was look for. I may just get that kit and either monotubes or OME shocks. I am going for the whole adventure/get out of town for a couple days rig. So, it'll be seeing plenty of stuff in the back thanks for the Advice fellas :cheers:

Back