• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF New years weekend feeler ?

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
thinkin bout heading back up to TSF for another run for the 4 day weekend on new years. I kinda wanna just do a lazy campin and wheel when i feel like it type of trip. i really enjoyed this last trip and want to do it again....minus the schedule part and add in some snow.

anyone else interested :dunno:

Thats actually a really good idea, perfect timing, Never camped in the snow, thank god i got the jeeps heater fixed!

thinkin bout heading back up to TSF for another run for the 4 day weekend on new years. I kinda wanna just do a lazy campin and wheel when i feel like it type of trip. i really enjoyed this last trip and want to do it again....minus the schedule part and add in some snow.

anyone else interested :dunno:

Any trails closed there that time of year?

Any trails closed there that time of year?

not purposely by ODF. it is totally dependent on weather and trail damage etc...the higher elevations usually get socked in late january-Feb ish crushers, hogs back, possibly top of archers ? fire break 5, powerline, ceder tree, hoodraisor, (sure i forgot a cpl) are a lil lower elevation and are typically runnable year round. so far everything is still open this year. we saw no snow at all this last run. but that can change very quickly.

Thats actually a really good idea, perfect timing, Never camped in the snow, thank god i got the jeeps heater fixed!

heater? who needs one of them? mine stopped working way over a year ago, that was before i cut the top. i think i should hopok it up now. not sure ifit would make any differance..

I would be interested in coming up a couple of days, I do not really get into the whole camping in the winter gig, but I am a shortish drive from tsf.

Every winter I wish my heep had heated seats, nothing like having your butt and lower back warmed while driving in cold miserable weather lol

Sounds like a plan.

A few of us did a "last run of the year" trip last year, and were totally overwhelmed by the snow. I think we pretty much stuck to the gravel roads most of day. Although, we're a little behind on the snow pack compared to last year, so it should be a little more forgiving.

Winter Camping > Summer Camping :cool:

im down. there was talk about bates rd earlyier in the weekend. ive never ran it but it may be fun with snow all over it.

sounds great. and my little group will show up on time to wheel with you guys!
And if anyone wants to go up anytime sooner like in the next week or two iam always up for it.

im down. there was talk about bates rd earlyier in the weekend. ive never ran it but it may be fun with snow all over it.
Bates road is not too rocky, but alot of flexing is involved, Large ruts and stuff all while climing strait uphill. snow would make that very challanging.

hey guys, new to naxja, and was wondering where/what "TSF" is.

sorry for the newb-ish question. interested in showing up to this one, depending where it is.
TSF is Tillamook state forest, Take Hwy 26 westbound, pass hillsboro, then take Hwy 6 Towerds Tillamook, about 25/30 miles sw of 26 you will see a sign that says "rodgers camp/browns camp" make sure to stop at the gas station on the way, and get a map, As a newbie, you will get very lost without the map. (words of wisdom)

I would like to show for this one but I think 31" a/t's and open diff's wouldn't cut it. But it does look fun! I might half to break out the yj rip the finders off and throw on some cheep mud tires since the last xj trip ended up with suzuki's and rovers. Why not a yj to!

Just a heads up for those still chewing on this one......

i am 99.9% sure we are heading up thursday or possibly even wednesday night. plannin on hitting Lyda camp again. staying through till sunday morning again.

Hey I just went up there with a buddy today and pulled into rogers parking lot, there is already a ton of snow up there and some guys at the shell station said there's about a foot or more up at 7 up and hogsback.
We are going up there tomorrow too so if anyone wants to go let me know.

Back