• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior lights.

OverTheHillsATTW

NAXJA Forum User
I tried doing a search but I'm not great for results. I have a 95 4.0 sport. I just purchased this Jeep with the intent on fixing some electrical things. One major problem are the gauge cluster lights,the P R N D lights and anything in the cab but the overhead light. I can't see how fast I am going at night and the fuses all look okay.

I tried doing a search but I'm not great for results. I have a 95 4.0 sport. I just purchased this Jeep with the intent on fixing some electrical things. One major problem are the gauge cluster lights,the P R N D lights and anything in the cab but the overhead light. I can't see how fast I am going at night and the fuses all look okay.
Is it possible all the bulbs are burnt out? I understand it's not likely but it'd be a quick, cheap thing to check. Also, don't trust fuses just because they "look" okay, do a multimeter resistance test between the blades, thats the only surefire way to tell. To me it sounds like you have a blown fuse since all of those things are out. The dome light is on a different fuse from the instrument panel.

Now say all these check out and it is the switch.. How does the switch come out? It looks pretty stationed.

Thanks guys im a D.A.

The guy had me thinking all the wires/bulbs switches and fuses were burnt out.. The fuse was missing. I still got a good deal on it tho. :)

Thanks guys im a D.A.

The guy had me thinking all the wires/bulbs switches and fuses were burnt out.. The fuse was missing. I still got a good deal on it tho. :)
So once you put a fuse in it was good to go?

Oh damn maybe I was wrong. I did put the fuse in and the interior lights came back! Now I figured I could solve the blower and put a radio in for my enjoyment. Well the only way to get the blower to work is a direct wire to the ACC and with that on the side I looked up the wiring diagram for the radio, wired it in and TUNES!

Well it all went wrong when I came out of work today to no radio,no blower,and no interior lights.. I replaced the fuses in all areas I could think of. Radio,blower,illumination.

Anyone know what blew?

Something has had to short.... I can't get power from direct fuse box wire either.

Last edited:
I replaced the mini 10 under the hood just incase and still no good. My radio fuse was horribly blown after another go. All other are good. I don't know what to do from here.

My advice is to get a DVOM (digital voltmeter, never use analog needle types) and some good wiring diagrams. You got a lot of work ahead of you. Just start at the source, and work your way to individual components.

Back