• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AlloyUSA Shafts for D30

hiiamthomas

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting a locker up front and I want to get these AlloyUSA shafts because they say if you break them no questions asked you get new ones for 10 years. great warranty so I think it would be a lot better if I had new shafts like these with a locker. So i found them on a website for 600 for the kit. Which includes the inner and outer shafts and U-joints. So do i get a discount from a vendor on here or where can i get them cheaper than 600

Motive Gear is going to be covering the Alloy USA warranty, I believe.

I run Alloy USAs and don't really worry if they have a warranty right now - they had enough faith in them to offer it in the first place.

Nitro Gear and Axle is a NAXJA sponsor and offers a lifetime warranty on their shafts - see the Vendors' forum.

I'm getting a locker up front and I want to get these AlloyUSA shafts because they say if you break them no questions asked you get new ones for 10 years. great warranty so I think it would be a lot better if I had new shafts like these with a locker. So i found them on a website for 600 for the kit. Which includes the inner and outer shafts and U-joints. So do i get a discount from a vendor on here or where can i get them cheaper than 600[/quote
I got move over two years ago, $499 including the disco block off plate and seal,from northridge4x4. the alloy u joints lasted maybe two months, I have spicers in there now, no problems.

Well if you're considering asking one of our sponsors for a member discount, perhaps you should consider becoming a member first :banghead:

I'm not trying to look smart jackass. And this input should help you to realize that none of our sponsors will give you a discount since you are not a member of naxja.

I'm not trying to look smart jackass. And this input should help you to realize that none of our sponsors will give you a discount since you are not a member of naxja.

there some crazy moon phase crap going around? seems eveyone is pitting against the other lately.

Alloy has been purchased by Omix ADA .... so Motive Gear will not be doing much in the way of warrantry replacements before too long.

Motive has introduced their own line of products called " 10 Factory " which would fall right into place with Yukon/Superior/Alloy/etc

Joe
EndlessMtnFab

Sorry dude, it does not make you look smart by giving input that does nothing except make you look like a jerk.

Why is he being a jerk?
It doesn't cost a $1000 to be a member, only like $35
Thats why sponsors give discounts to people who support the forum.......
Where do you think the money comes from to keep this site maintained???
It sure isn't the toothfairy:confused:

WGAF about membership. The dude is just looking for shafts. Give him a fawking break.

I have yet to see a black tell another black to sign up. If you're proud to be a member, good for you. Some don't give a rats ass and thats fine. We're all here to help no matter what. I'm tired of reading this shit.

Why is he being a jerk?
It doesn't cost a $1000 to be a member, only like $35
Thats why sponsors give discounts to people who support the forum.......
Where do you think the money comes from to keep this site maintained???
It sure isn't the toothfairy:confused:

I agree. Will could have tried a little harder to be gentle, but the point is still good.
Billy

Alloy has been purchased by Omix ADA .... so Motive Gear will not be doing much in the way of warrantry replacements before too long.

Motive has introduced their own line of products called " 10 Factory " which would fall right into place with Yukon/Superior/Alloy/etc

Joe
EndlessMtnFab

They are behind this project 100% as this shows:

We will honor Alloy USA warranty claims.

Details are being worked out, but original receipt is required and product will need to be returned. One of the details we must work out is a cut-off date. There will be a point where someone will be using the Alloy brand name on some product - we obviously won't be able to warranty that product. Until we get the procedures worked out, please PM me or email [email protected] if you have what you feel is a warranty claim. I'll work through it with you.

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8988803&postcount=55

:cool:

Mike, I am well aware of that post on Pirate. :)

However, being a dealer for Motive ... I also know a little bit more of the inside story (not much tho). I was an Alloy/Precision dealer, but I will not bother with the Omix label or any of their subsidiaries.

At any rate ... 4 days after that post was made on Pirate4x4, this post was made. http://www.omix-ada.com/alloy-usa-news.asp

As such ... there would be no reason for Motive/Midwest to warranty what is now someone else's product. For the heck of it ... I will call and check in with my reps (most of whom moved from Alloy to Midwest) and see if there is any more inside information. :phone:

:cool:

Joe

regardless off the warranty on previous shafts which sucks for anyone who has them, the new guy should buy the 10 factory axles as they will be under warranty through motive. And they are a far superior shaft to yukons. $600 sounds like a good deal on the 10 factory shafts, id buck up and buy them and have confidence in a good product through a company who openly states that they will warranty another companies shafts based on principle for as long as they can.

As such ... there would be no reason for Motive/Midwest to warranty what is now someone else's product. For the heck of it ... I will call and check in with my reps (most of whom moved from Alloy to Midwest) and see if there is any more inside information. :phone:

No reason, except that I, as someone currently running Alloy USA shafts, will be far more likely to look at Motive's products than to look at Omix-Alloy if I need to buy shafts again.

Spoke to my Rep ... and at this point ... Motive will not be processing claims for the old Alloy USA products unless there is an extenuating (sp?) circumstance.

Omix states on their site that they will be covering warranties within a certain time period.

Clear as mud?

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, I just bought my alloyUSA shafts a few months ago. The long warranty was a huge selling point for me, now its a toss up and likely worthless when/if I would need it.

Back