• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 heater electircal prob. anyone have a phone and a wiring manual handy?

heartbt

NAXJA Forum User
So, It's winter time and during winter two things will fail, the brakes once there is adequate slush and ice under your fenders to drip down your back while fixing and the heater. Well I hit the brakes early, so it's heat this year.

I have blower on VENT and intermittently on heat. I have no blower on Defrost. Yes, the blower switch is fine, and so are my resistor blocks. All checked and working as they should be. It's somewhere in the slidey thing as it will come on if I move towards vent from heat, but not all the way sorta thing? know what I mean? Anyway, if you have a phone and a wiring diagram, I will call if you're willing to help. I have the slidey dohicky in my hand at the moment and a meter sitting here as well. Unless you KNOW how to fix this.

OK, this just in, just to contribute....

The slide switch that sits on top of the climate control module in your dash, is NOT a separate order part. It's all one assembly, dealer only, and it's expensive. Like $120. Part number 5503-6664, according to the jeep dealer in Kalkaska, MI. So, needless to say, I'm junk yard hunting.

Oh, and it can be taken apart and cleaned up, if you do it very carefully. There are two springs inside that wanna hop out, watch for them. Mine was apparently taken apart before as it was already missing two tabs. One spring hopped away too (cut down ball point pen spring works), but it was so badly scored and with the two tabs broken off, I only got 200 miles down the road and it quit again. For all the fun it is getting the dash apart, I'll find another.

Back