• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

to sell or not to sell that is the ?

jeepnleo

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I leave soon to to a school in san diego ca. I will need a vehicle while
I am down there. I will be there for 5 months to a year. My original thought
Was to sell the xj for two reason. I am not sure if it will make the trip down
There and back. Its about 1300 miles one way. I drive it now 3 to 4 times a week.
It drives fine. My 2nd reason is the gm 2.8l v6 doesn't seem to have enough power.
It feels better then my old yj lifted on 33s with the 2.5l 4cyl. But it just feels underpowered
With 32s and I know I willl go to 33s or 35s after I lift it. so that is more wieght and rotational wieght at that. I will also be putting new bumpers rock rails etc. So at that time
It will be way underpowered.
Power options is only really engine swap which even done on the cheap will cost more
Then just buying a new xj with 4.0l.

I will be getting about 1000 to 2000 when I get to ca.

So the question is ....

Do I sell 2.8l xj to buy 4.0l xj with the cash I get from sell and if need to the 1000 to 2000.using what's left for mods?

Or do I keep 2.8l that that I already have trimmed the fenders bed lined the bottom half of body and I have 3.5inch lift waiting to put on. Also bfg at 32x11.5r15 that are already on. risk driving it to san diego which it should make. Then use 1000 to 2000 on swaping in new motor on partially modded current xj.

Will 1000 to 2000 even cover an engine swap.

What do I do guys

2.8L, T-5, NP207, D35........

Sell, sell, sell........

sell it and the puney engine. use the money with the money u get in CA and get a 4.0L. keep the tires and lift to put on the new one.

my $0.02

X2 Although my input may only be worth $0.01.

There are so many out there with the 4.0l and the price is only coming down these days.

so sell the xj and buy new one later seems to be what i should do.

now the problem is selling it. 2.8lv6 is not the most wanted engine choice.

mabe part it out. it does have good glass all around except front window has rock chip. the axles are fine for D30 and D35.

need to find some hig school kid who has the money and needs a car.

sell it and dont look back!! i started out with a 2.8 and moved up to a 4.0 and the 4.0 is sooooo much better.
keep your lift and tires for your next jeep though!

Back