• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Doors bad idea?

hiiamthomas

NAXJA Forum User
What are the Cons of running no doors as compared to the half door, tube door and full doors. Something to do with the Unibody effects the flex without doors? like does it torque the body.

While driving place fingers between the door jam and think to yourself..... ouch! No structural integrity there.:wierd:

I ran my 2dr without doors all summer with no issues. I didn't wheel it hard but did get it out a couple times and no more body flex than with doors on. Either way I still can't open my tailgate with my both axles flexed out. Will do it again but would like to get a set of tube doors since my son is usually with my and in a few more years my daughter will probally be too. No worries about it.

Parakeet

Cool Cool my doors are off now. haha I was running back an forth between my garage and the computer seeing if there are any negative inputs but now I'm done. I'll upload a picture when I'm done, new clutch is in just waiting for my package with my SYE and CV Driveshaft.

I've spent some time in Carson City, the company I work for has a shop there, it gets cold in the winter. Other than freezing in cold weather its not an issue.

...if you had no door and something hit the pillar then that would be a problem.

Like this?
ouch.jpg

If I'd had the door on, the tree stump would have slid right down the side of the jeep, instead... it didn't. So yeah, it's something to think about.

Off-topic, why's everybody taking their doors off at the end of November?!? I just put mine back on for the year...

Robert

Like this?
ouch.jpg

If I'd had the door on, the tree stump would have slid right down the side of the jeep, instead... it didn't. So yeah, it's something to think about.

Off-topic, why's everybody taking their doors off at the end of November?!? I just put mine back on for the year...

Robert

I'm just having fun haha, I am wokring on doing that mod of the slide on doors.

Back