• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 XJ with p0505 code, possible bad computer

taylorb

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I just got a 99 XJ with 4.0 auto. I am getting p0505 code and I replaced the iac and cleaned the throttle body, which wasn't dirty, no better. When I put the new iac in and it never moved and the motor idled at about 2k. I tested the iac plug and I got .70v on one wire and .02v on another. I tested for shorts in the wiring between the plug and computer and there isn't any. I guess the old ica shorted out and toasted the computer, does that sound right to you all?

Thanks

Taylor

Same thing happened to my 98, turns out a wire was stripped and it fryed two ecu's. I had a hard time finding a decent used ecu with a warranty, so good luck.

I am hoping it isn't the computer. I tested the tps today and it starts off at .95 and moves smooth to about 4.20, from what I read the .95 is to much it should be less than .5, can anyone confirm that?

Thanks

Taylor

I got another IAC and it still didn't work. I am going to try a new computer, I need 492AE computer if anyone has one they would like to sell.

Thanks

Taylor

Back