• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 header

Not that I am aware of.... BUT who knows maybe I have been lookin in all the wrong places.

How can you get better than stock?

I'm thinking there might be a clearance issue when you bolt the pre-cats up to that one.(as in they might drag on the ground?)
No Pre-cats here!

I'm thinking there might be a clearance issue when you bolt the pre-cats up to that one.(as in they might drag on the ground?)

What pre-cats? Lol, I think they're only on '01's. You can simplify the install by getting a y-pipe. Dual isn't that hard either if you've got an exhaust shop you like. The problem there becomes getting both the pipes out the back if you have bigger shackles. Stock works fine though cause you're using the same diameter pipes.

What pre-cats? Lol, I think they're only on '01's. You can simplify the install by getting a y-pipe. Dual isn't that hard either if you've got an exhaust shop you like. The problem there becomes getting both the pipes out the back if you have bigger shackles. Stock works fine though cause you're using the same diameter pipes.

00-01 California Emission packages had the two precats, 4 O2 sensors, one main cat and a partridge in a pear tree. The 00-01 Federal emissions package didn't have the precats. Also, the California package was sold in states other than Cali.

I had read that JBA had come out with one specifically for this application. Since I have an '00 CA model, I had been thinking about it but they haven't updated their site to reflect it. It was in JP mag a number of months back. Might be worth calling them.

An 0331 head is an 0331 head is an 0331 head regardless of which "emissions package" is on it therefore any header that will fit an 0331 head will fit any 0331 head lol. So unless you've done a head swap then you can just match the application from the header manufacturer. I also know that the Clifford header will work cause I've been using one for almost a year on a '00 w/the 0331 head.

Edelbrock Jeep Shorty Headers

this is the one I am going to have installed... time unfortunately is the killer... I need the jeep back for my 70 mile round commute... at almost $700 for a stock manifold the locally bought $400 header is a deal...

http://www.quadratec.com/products/17602_300_07.htm

http://www.jeepsandstuff.com/edjeshhe.html
ow for AMC/Jeep. High-quality Edelbrock Shorty Headers bolt directly to the factory crossover pipe with no cutting or welding required for installation. These new headers feature 1-5/8" diameter cold rolled mild steel tubing that is CNC mandrel-bent for superior flow. Durable flanges are 3/8" thick (Jeep 4.0L headers are 1/2" thick), laser-cut, and robotically welded. Available with new Ti-TECH coating or high quality ceramic coating for the ultimate protection against corrosion, this is a premium line of headers for outstanding performance and quality. 50-state street legal.

http://www.edelbrock.com/media/news/...ve/093008.html

An 0331 head is an 0331 head is an 0331 head regardless of which "emissions package" is on it therefore any header that will fit an 0331 head will fit any 0331 head lol. So unless you've done a head swap then you can just match the application from the header manufacturer. I also know that the Clifford header will work cause I've been using one for almost a year on a '00 w/the 0331 head.

Yeah, because you don't want the header to match the rest of the exhaust.. just the head.. right?

Yeah, because you don't want the header to match the rest of the exhaust.. just the head.. right?

Lay off and quit being such a douchebag.

Guess what. YOU CAN MODIFY AN EXHAUST SYSTEM TO FIT A HEADER A HELL OF A LOT EASIER THAN YOU CAN MODIFY A HEAD TO FIT A HEADER.

Why do you think there are these things called EXHAUST SHOPS all over the place instead of HEAD SHOPS. Get this... if you're getting an aftermarket header, then chances are, you're goint to modify your exhaust system.

:gee:

Back