• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeling this Saturday.

I might be intrested, waiting on more info???

Well it could be some or part of the trails on Goat or weather depending I have a few other places that are pretty cool to see this time of year. Possible snow so maybe up to the Breitenbush/Ollalie loop or Summit Lake and the gravel pit on the way. I want to talk it over with Ken and see what he thinks too.

Where are these trails located? I have never heard of them before.

Well Goat Mtn. is located east of Colton, OR which can be accessed off of two different routes from Hwy211. Olallie/Breitenbush is located in the Olallie lake and Breitenbush lake areas which is off of the USFS46 Road. The gravel pit and Summit lake are off of the USFS5830 road which also can be accessed off the USFS46 road. The entire area from US22 north to the Columbia River is full of backwoods areas to explore.

Cascade side of the valley somewhere. Not for the queezy and prepare for damage. Full tank of fuel required.

More to come.....

body damage ? no problem, just dont wanna break anything before the T-Day run. what time and where you meeting up ? i might be down for a short day of play.

P.S. i would love to help organize a run up to Ollalie in late June. Used to go break trail there years ago when they 1st open the gates around June 20th. Awesome views from the top of the lake if you can get there.

The body damage was a just in case thing. Hell I don't want any more damage than I already have. Probably more of a shake down run than anything. I will get the particulars out tomorrow.

Here is the update!!!

Do to the greatly increased chance of rain and hopefully snow this trip is leaning more towards the off road exploration than hard core trails. We will be meeting at the Molalla Safeway at the corner of HWY213 and HWY211 at 0730 with the head out time of 0800 sharp. We will be heading out the Molalla Forest Service Rd. headin over to the Olallie Lake loop on back roads. There should be snow in the Olallie area so dress accordingly. This is an all day excursion and you can top your tank off at the Safeway for cheap(sub $2) and bring food and drink. Please be prepared for snow with your rig which means some sort of traction tire. CB's are helpful, tow points are a plus.

Questions???

Aww this sounds fun. My friends wanted to take out their Mog but they aren't feeling a solo run :(
I'll try to convince them to go along on this but none for me

Yes we did hit some snow, about 4-6 inches at most. It was a good time. The round trip was about 180 miles. From Molalla towards Bagby to Olallie Lake. Then Summit lake, Lake Harriet, 224 to Memeloose behind Goat Mt. We only hit a few trails on Goat Mt before taking the back way to Colton.

I like the new shoes Karl.

Looks like it was a great day overall. I would like to hit some back roads for a day and just cruise around.

They are meaty thats for sure. I think i'm happy with the investment. The suspension setup is real close to where I want it right now. I might change my steering to an inverted Y but will need to change a couple of parts to do it.

I would like to do something close to this route in about 2-3 weeks to let some more snow come in. Maybe backwards to what we did. We could probably cut out the last back roads to Goat to shorten the trip up a bit. The snow conditions are best till late January and past that it's a sloggy crap shoot. Olallie has some great scenery. Whenever you're ready let me know and we'll set something up.

Back