• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cold Start issues?

GinisKratos

NAXJA Forum User
Item #203 on the to be fixed list....

On top of the leaking injector I seen the other day, my 89 4.0l is taking longer and longer to start. It turns over, but takes a while to catch. I havent had my xj a full year yet so i dont know how their mannors in the cold weather are. I did reinstall the air box to replace the cone filter i put in over the summer. Its flood season here and Id rather not have water splashing up and soaking it if i have to drive through some water.

I put everything back stock, all the vaccume hoses are pluged in and all that jazz. My first thought was the leaking injector was causing the pressure to go down to low for it to run. But for now it seems like the injector isnt leaking (i just wiggled it and it stopped and/or it bairly makes it wet after a long drive)

any help would be nice. If this is normal then ok, but it dosent seem like it would be. Thanks guys =) Not sure why all of the sudden im seeing all these issues with my xj, but damn.... lol

~Ed

Back