• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle upper arm bushings

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
I cannot seem to keep stock rubber bushings in my axle for any length of time. I'm pretty sure its because I am not running flex joints. I do however have four to install whenever I get my lower arms back from bds warranty. Its it recommended to stick with rubber? moog shows a poly replacement, bad idea? thanks!

is the bushing tearing or coming out of the axle mount.

if its coming out of the mount, are you pressing it in deep enough?

Keep tearing the sleeves from the bushing, and then wallowing out the bushing

poly would be worse.

i would say you need a flex joint at the other end.

how about a little more info on your suspension set up.

poly would be worse.

i would say you need a flex joint at the other end.

how about a little more info on your suspension set up.

re4.5 with bds adjustables upper and lower, I have 4 new flex ends to install, should I just keep with rubber?

re4.5 with bds adjustables upper and lower, I have 4 new flex ends to install, should I just keep with rubber?

yes, even though your putting on flex joints, rubber will cushion better and you dont have to keep them constantly lubed like poly, or they will squeek.

yes, even though your putting on flex joints, rubber will cushion better and you dont have to keep them constantly lubed like poly, or they will squeek.
thanks!, I forgot about the squeeking thing, I made the mistake of poly shackle bushings. drive a guy batty!

Back