• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removing glove box?

crackers8199

NAXJA Forum User
how? lol, i have the lower dash off, the bezel that goes around the gauges and radio off, and the glove box door off...can't seem to figure out how to get the glove box itself out of there. any help would be greatly appreciated...search didn't yield me anything. need to get it off to see if i can find a better way to run speaker wires to the radio...

i've got a 1988 cherokee...

I don't know how to remove the glove box but it is not difficult to get wires to the radio area with the box in place.

ok then! what's the best way to go about it? maybe i'm just dense but i haven't figured anything out, save running them from the front and hiding them with the dash bezel (which i don't really want to do)...

I fairly recently ran wires for power locks/remote from the right door to the left side. I exited the top rear of the kick panel and snugged the wires up under the lower part of the air box along the top of the carpet, over a taped bundle of wires and over the console. From there you would go up to the radio compartment. I hadn't thought about it but it might be just as easy or easier to go along the lower lip of the lower dash panel which you have removed.

Down from the radio compartment, I believe the easiest way to go is to the left rear angled down and to your left and a bit to the rear where there is a lot of room for wires. As I recall there is not much room to go off to the right from the radio compartment which is probably what you have run into. There is no difference electrically speaking.

There may be easier ways to get from side to side with wiring or up to the radio from the right, but I have used essentially the routing described on both my 85 and 93 without problems. It has been a long time but I seem to recall that I used a somewhat different route around the console when wiring the 85. In any event once you look at it you can find a way to poke the wires through or around.

Come back if this isn't clear.

HTH

Back