• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 8.8 into my XJ

NorcalXJnewbie

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i went and got a 3.73 Limited slip disc brake equiped 8.8 rear end from a 97 explorer today for 14 buckaroos.

My question is where the heck do i get the 3.25 axle diameter leaf spring mounts/perches/pads or whatever you want to call them.

I hear MORE has them, but i dont want to pay 100 bucks or what ever. Any input or links would be greatly appreciated.

I bought some perches from a parts store 15 a peice and welded em on

U bolts will run you 40-50 alone. That looks like it has shock mounts plates, pads too.

my bad i realize i accidently put Dana... meant FORD doh!

i suppose it's an honest mistake but i couldn't resist: you are putting meaning to your user name, sir.

on a more serious note, welcome to NAXJA and the answer you're looking for is indeed the link posted above.

why pay that much. I have been running a set from advance auto for about 4 years now, I think they were $10 A pair. They have held up to decent wheeling and 33's for that long so how bad can they be.

Get the tnt customs u-bolt eliminators. They come with shock mounts and get rid of the u-bolts and sandwiches the leaves between 2 pieces of 1/4 inch steel with 4 grade 8 bolts and it's only $130

http://www.gotreks.com/page.asp?pageid=154

Get the tnt customs u-bolt eliminators. They come with shock mounts and get rid of the u-bolts and sandwiches the leaves between 2 pieces of 1/4 inch steel with 4 grade 8 bolts and it's only $130

http://www.gotreks.com/page.asp?pageid=154

In hindsight, I wish i would have gone this route...

But be willing to wait, TnT has been known to lag a little on shipment of products but it is well worth it. The quality is awesome.

I'm running the UBE and didn't take long at all to ship i don't think it was any more than a week which seem pretty reasonable to me.
Nope that is reasonable. Its a hit and miss with them. but like I said well worth it.

im also a ube-fan, BUT i can understand the other side, they are expensive for leaf perches, but they fit together with a truss oh-so-nicely.
i have built 2 d44's with tnt gear...
the first time i bought thru jeepinoutfitters... and it took a while (not bas as in, JCR, but not exactly prompt)
the 2nd time, i dealt directly with tnt, and it saved time, and money on shipping. ESPECIALLY if your gonna buy multiple items, ie ube+truss
i would say both items arrived in a week, for $25 shipping.
i think they got an office girl now?
HORRRAY T+T!

Update...
I will post pics as soon as i can.

I finished griding off all the old perches and mounts, got her cleaned up, and welded the housing to the axles.

I found some perches from a local 4 wheel parts shop for only 23 bucks. and some u bolts laying around my buddies shop.

Thanks for the input you all.

BTW 4.56 and 32 or 33" tires gonna be ok?

I dont know where you buying your ubolts.. I got mine around 25-35$ new at a spring shop.

Last I checked I think they were like 12 bucks each for 650-4003's at Napa. They used to be like half that a few years ago.

Back