• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ditch the rugged ridge and go back to y-link?

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have come to the conclusion that the on road manners of the rugged ridge steering are unbearable and driving me insane. At 5 maybe 5 1/2 inches of lift this kit just doesnt cut it for on road use. Between being locked in the rear and this steering its not fun driving the heep anymore. Unfortunatly with the horrible economy the funds just arent here to go otk plus I dont see a point when within a year I want to ditch my dana turdy anyways. I have never ran my stock steering at this height so I guess I will ask, will on road manners be a bit better if I went and swapped a zj setup and maybe went with the goferit tie rod insert? Or am I still gonna be just as unhappy and have to deal with loose feeling steering that sucks?
thanks

Well I have come to the conclusion that the on road manners of the rugged ridge steering are unbearable and driving me insane. At 5 maybe 5 1/2 inches of lift this kit just doesnt cut it for on road use. Between being locked in the rear and this steering its not fun driving the heep anymore. Unfortunatly with the horrible economy the funds just arent here to go otk plus I dont see a point when within a year I want to ditch my dana turdy anyways. I have never ran my stock steering at this height so I guess I will ask, will on road manners be a bit better if I went and swapped a zj setup and maybe went with the goferit tie rod insert? Or am I still gonna be just as unhappy and have to deal with loose feeling steering that sucks?
thanks

U too didn't do the research first! I'm always fearing I will be pulled over for driving hammered. ,My girl refuses to hit the highway with it.

gotten pulled over for suspicion of DUI 3 times now in the jeep with the rugged ridge...i like it so i live with it, but i really dont get all the slop that most people complain of. i dont know if i just dont notice it since its always had loose steering

wow I haven't gotten a DUI yet but I could see where it would happen. I will get pics later but I have longarm 3 link, re superflex trackbar and drop bracket, zj swaybar with jks discos, angles are exactly parellel and vechicle has been professionaly aligned and tires balanced muliple times. Shocks are not great but also. So its built about as good as could be for street driveability at this lift height.

Back