• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix Grounds

88XJSport

NAXJA Forum User
I hear all the time that the Renix grounds keep the Renix XJ from idling/running at its best. Ive searched, and couldnt find anything specific.

Besides the ground strap, what specific grounds (or any connection that can be hit with sandpaper and dielectric grease) help the Renix system run its best? I am not having any specific issues, just curious.

Last edited:
There are three grounds. One near the neg terminal grounds from the neg batt terminal to the chassis at the inner passenger fender. The engine block ground where the main negative batt cable goes to the block at the oil dipstick tube. And the braided ground strap at the firewall that bolts near the back of the valve cover. The braided strap is pretty useless, and I replaced mine with a real negative battery cable off the shelf for only a few bucks. Same with my original neg batt cable.

ALSO, read that "RENX files" thread. It is a must read if you have a Renix, and work on it yourself!

Back