• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'00 exhaust manifolds on Renix head

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up an intake and a split exhaust manifold from an '00 XJ today at the junkyard. I want to put them on my Renix head. I have already put an HO intake on mine, it's just an older one. This being said, I'm not worried about the intake at all, I already know about the misalignment of ports. However, I am slightly worried about the exhaust manifold. The ports on the '00 exhaust manifold are physically smaller than the ones on the 87-99 manifolds. They line up just fine with the Renix head, I'm just not sure if all the exhaust will be channeled correctly into the manifold or if it will build up too much. Does anyone have an opinion on this?
TIA everyone,
Collin

Last edited:
Re: '00 exhaust manifolds on Renix

What did you do about an EGR valve?

Re: '00 exhaust manifolds on Renix

old_man said:
What did you do about an EGR valve?
My EGR valve is gone and the thing runs great without it, however, Iowa has no inspections either if that's what you were getting at. I figure if we ever go to inspections again, I'll plant one back into the mix then. Another bonus of this '00 exhaust manifold is that it has two bungs in it that aren't being used. One will be where my 02 sensor goes, the other could always be used for an EGR tube if needbe.

Last edited:
If you are going to be giving better breathing with a newer intake, I would go with whatever is the largest and most on the port exhaust I can find.
A motor is only a air pump. The more air you can pack in the better it will go, the faster you can get the air out the better it will go. (so said, Mr. Detrich, my auto shop teacher 9th grade Circa 1979) Good Luck

XJING said:
If you are going to be giving better breathing with a newer intake, I would go with whatever is the largest and most on the port exhaust I can find.
A motor is only a air pump. The more air you can pack in the better it will go, the faster you can get the air out the better it will go. (so said, Mr. Detrich, my auto shop teacher 9th grade Circa 1979) Good Luck
That does make a certain amount of sense. I wasn't even thinking of it that way, I was just thinking if the exhaust couldn't get out quite fast enough it would just build up and blow out around the gasket.

Back