• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why do I have parts left over

dennisgrimm

NAXJA Forum User
I am regearing my 29 spline 8.25 and have a superior axle overhaul kit (P/N 35-2029) that has 6 tapered roller bearings, among other things. I have torn down the axle and have found only 4 bearings it the diff (2 on pinion, 2 on carrier). I have 2 extra bearings and I am scratching my head trying to figure out where they go.

The only thing I can think of is that they make a generic overhaul kit for the 8.25 that includes carrier bearings for both the 27 and 29 spline versions of the 8.25. Is that it? Or am I a complete fool and have missed something?

.... and no, they are not axle bearings. The axle bearings are normal roller bearings and are not tapered.

If you don't have extra parts left over, then you are not doing something right.. lol...

Anyway.. I have no idea. I always have parts left over... :)

They are probably for the two different axles like you mentioned. As long as you matched up the #'s on the bearing races and put two new pinion bearing and two new carrier bearings in, I wouldn't worry about it.

I've had lots of kits that have more than one set of bearings and seals for different options that axle came with.

Back