• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions on Heads from Alabamacylinderheads.com

jxj

NAXJA Member # 1559
http://www.alabamacylinderhead.com/

anyone here have any experience with this company? are these brand new or reconditioned cylinder heads. way cheaper than hesco aluminum heads. would appreciate any feedback.

the jeep heads are either reman, or new stock with the same casting. If you were to find a good used head and have it machined for bigger valves and better spring seats, and port and polish, you would come out ahead of either stup, for much less than the hesco head, and a little more than these

unless these are aluminum, which it looks like they are just clean iron, you might be better with these, but it is still the 0331 casting wich is not spectacular. Better off finding a good 0720 head

I used them for a head on my cousins Ranger. I was happy with them. everything installed without a hitch, it ran great...right into the rear of another car 2 weeks later. totaled..oh well.

I would use them again.

I used Clearwater Cylinder Heads when I did my 0331...They were a new casting and appeared thicker than original in the problem areas, shipped quickly, installed perfectly, provided pre-paid shipping for the core...They made it pretty easy overall, I would use them again. People usually mention them in all the 0331 threads...I paid 425.00 total, mine has a 5 year warranty...

Back