• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radiator hose

32lugnuts

NAXJA Forum User
where can i get about 25-30ft of cheap hose that'll work for radiator hose? i can't find anything. pieces 12ft or longer will work.

You should be using steel tubing anyway,with just a piece of hose at each end!

thanks for the input. i would like to use some fixed lines (hard lines) but it'd be really hard to get it from the engine bay to the very rear of the vehicle. i've talked to people at hardware places and they have the right size rubber/etc lines, but aren't rad. hoses supposed to have a stainless wire in it? i've always been told if they didnt, under pressure (like at higher rpms), they would contract/shrink in certain places and make your vehicle run hotter. when the rpms would go back down, the hoses would go back to normal.

still on a search...

i'll def. go to home depot tomorrow

stock xj sizes vary a bit between the upper/lower hoses and engine/radiator sides. 1.5" should be close enough to fit with some good clamps

i would like to use some fixed lines (hard lines) but it'd be really hard to get it from the engine bay to the very rear of the vehicle.
Why?It would be easy and you wont have to worry about all the other issues involved.Good luck finding hose!

how would ya do it? if it were mounted under i'd be worried about rocks.... even if it's pipe. my jeep's offroad only. inside there's so many curves. any ideas or suggestions?

If your worried about rocks with steel tubing,what were you going to do about rubber hose.You say you have a buggy,how you bend that tubing?Maybe its time to post some pics?

Curves are where fab tools come. Most remote mounted systems only use rubber at the joints.

Wait until a hose breaks and 210 degree hot water gets on the passengers. No thanks... Tubing is the only way to go for distances like that. Yeah, cutting some holes in the body is required.

I'd guess that he's not planning to run the lines under the Jeep, but rather through it.
Even more reason to be steel,"back to scalded body".Guys this isnt cool,I had a power steering line break in a "super mod"(with a fire suit,it actually made it worse),were talking about some major burns that took several months of medical attention!

Why for do you need long lines? Remote radiator?

Doing the static part with copper or CRES is a good idea, then leave 2-3" of clearance for vibration, and do "vibration stubs" (like on my copper heater hose mod.) But, be sure that the hose you get is rated for use with oil/fuel - it will melt regular rubber hose in fairly short order, and cause you bigger problems!

Back