• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 Jeep Cherokee 2dr beater in Southern OK

liliysdad

NAXJA Forum User
I love this little thing, but its been sitting and not getting driven. Would make one hell of a hunting rig or toy...

1988 Jeep Cherokee 2dr Laredo
4.0 I-6, 170k some-odd miles (nothing on these things)
AW4 auto transmission, shifts perfectly, fluid looks and smells good
Np231 case, manual shift, again, works great
3" lift, 32x11.50 BFG Mud Tires
New Carpet
Kenwood CD player, 250watt Marine Amp, Blaupunkt 6x9 speakers

New parts;
Power Steering Pump
Battery
Throttle Position Sensor
Intake Air Temp Sensor
Oxygen Sensor
Crank Sensor
Front Shocks
Rear Shocks

What it needs;
It has an issue with a sensor, not sure which one. I have feeling its just the Throttle Position Sensor out of adjustment. It idles great, it runs full throttle like theres no tomorrow, but in between it bucks and stumbles some. It doesn't do it all the time, and its definitely still driveable

Its going to need a window regulator in the passenger side door at some point. Its still rolls down to 3/4 down and back up no problem.

Its ugly..it has yellow doors, and the Jeep is red. I still have the red doors and they will be included as well.

I need $750 for it, as is. Its a good Jeep, and if it doesn't sell, I wont feel bad for keeping it. I might consider trades for firearms of equal value.....

PICT0033-1.jpg

PICT0032-1.jpg

PICT0031-1.jpg

PICT0030.jpg

PICT0029.jpg

PICT0028.jpg

They are power window/lock doors. The motors were getting weak, and I wanted to make the doors removable. The yellow doors are manual window/lock, which would work much better for the on/off thing, which never really materialized anyway.

I have the red doors, and they are in decent shape. My initial plan was to make half doors out of them, another plan that never saw the light of day.

interested in trades for another jeep (dont have any guns i want to part with) its a 79 cherokee chief 2dr 360v8 d44s not a bad rig just needs a flywheel lemme know

No, not really interested in another project. I have a Scout that I will resurrect one of these days when the bug hits me. Thanks anyway, though.

Hey, I gotta friend who is interested in trading. He has some guns he would like to talk to you about. I am here in Marlow, the lifted black cherokee with the rack on top. Call me at 641-1953. My name is Jay.

I would ot recommend driving it far until the RENIX issues get sorted out....especially 350 miles. It has ever stranded me, but I just wouldnt do it.

Call me again, so I can get your phone number. He said he got your email but for some reason doesn't like messing with the internet (I hate being a go between!). He seems interested and wanted to talk guns but he has been out of town and away from a computer.

let me know how it goes with the other interested party. if its not sold by tues the 11th i will be on my way to check it out (for my wife) if she likes it we'll bring it home :yelclap:

Last edited:
infidel, this is a nice jeep. We took it and ran it around town, even got it up to about 65. It was a little hard to start, but he said it hadn't been started for a few days. It smoked a little and had the usual blowbye issues. For the price, it is a good deal, but I think that anything that runs is worth at least $1000. I think that it would drive to AR just fine, but I would not take any chances and trailer it. Just my 2 cents. My buddy didn't get it cause Dustin didn't want his guns. He said he was more interested in ammo or cash. I would buy it myself but I just spent my money on a bumper for my XJ. PM me if you have any Q's. I didn't know Dustin before this so I can give you a very impartial opinion.

I need parts but I am willing to buy as is... just would need to trailer it down here.

If you still have it and could sit on it for a week or two until I can get up there than I'd like to buy it. A project for my son and some parts I need ;) for my 87 2 dr.

Back