• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best place to buy Injectors?

88XJSport

NAXJA Forum User
My old Renix 2 piece Injectors arent worth trying to use again. Too much of a gamble. I cant tell if they are leaking from the injector or the o ring. All the parts stores that sell injectos all have only 1 in stock, and I need my Jeep by wednesday, or Ill be walking, so ordering online is out of the question.

Any ideas?

Five O motor sports. Takes from Fords, I've had them in mine for going on two years now since I had the jasper motor.

X2 on what Rich Said, I am very satisfied with the 4 hole injectors that I put in my 87.

So the remanufactured are okay to use? I was thinking new, but I haven't priced them yet.

well the ones I got in from five O are not leaking fuel all over my manifold like my stock ones were, lucky me there was no fire. I think it was like 230.00 for a full set before shipping. better than CRAPA (my dislike for NAPA), listing them to me for 180 each; but I do live in BFE.

Aren't the injectors from ford's mustang 5.0 V8 good in the I6? Is that what you mean by "ford five o"?

No and yes, five o motor sports is the name of the company, they however carry a whole bunch of different brands, could be thats how they got their start, don't know. Do know I'm happy with the ones I got.

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsJEEP.asp

I bought the Ford 0280155710 "Yellow Design III"" for my '91 with the '99 engine.

0280155710_6_140.jpg

It says they are good for 87-91 so that would include the '88 in your account name

The engine is a '99 and so is the intake. But the computer is a '91, so that is what the injectors are matched to (flow rate is computer controlled and does not vary by intake--even to the extent that higher airflow is recognized by the MAP sensor, those readings are passed back to the computer so that it can adjust fuel flow). I also reused the '91 fuel rail, since I didn't want to rebuild the return. Check the last couple of pages in the thread in my sig.

They work fine in my 87 that is renix no? fuel rails and heads must be cut about the same. I had no problems other than a faulty relay to find once I got the new injectors in.

My '88 XJ has been running injectors from 5-0 for 4 plus years now with no issues. Good pricing (much better than locally!) and they were shipped quickly!

My '88 XJ has been running injectors from 5-0 for 4 plus years now with no issues. Good pricing (much better than locally!) and they were shipped quickly!

So they are rebuilt? Not new, correct?

The ones I purchased for my '88 were NEW (not rebuilt). I believe they were the "yellowtop" version. At the time, they were less than 200 bucks, shipped. Swapped right in. The hardest part was getting the old injectors and fuel rail off. After being in place for 15+ years, the old ones wanted no part of coming out.

Back