• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help!

bradiroc87

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i hae a queation for everyone, i have owned my 97 cherokee 2 years-ish now and i have a weird issue. last winter the jeep started to sputter when you first started it up, after the jeep warmed up it was fine. this only happened for a matter of a few weeks and then went away on its own. what baffles me is it is happening again, i live in michigan and this seems to happen when the temp drops..(still cold outside). it has never thrown a code, i have replaced plugs wires cap fuel pump etc. does anyone have any theories?? i'm stumped. thanks , Brad.:bawl:

Clean the throttle body and IAC, clean them good, I generally remove the TB from the intake and do it on a workbench. Just make a drawing of where everything goes and if you can take a picture. Takes about an hour to two hours depending on how clean you want it.

Back