• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 with older block, ignition setup.

Lightfoot

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, so Ive got a 99 with just under 200k on it. I put in a stroker about a month ago, and Ive got her running well, but im looking to fix the bootleg coil setup that i have. The enging that I bought was prebuilt by a shop for a 96 tj i believe, and the mounts for the coil from my 99 are not on the block. I used a bent piece of aluminum bolted to the block to hold the coil, but i kind of just hangs out next to the distributor. I would like to get the coil back to some sort of stock position, and possibly upgrade some of the system if it is worth it. maybe go to the distributorless ign from a 00 ( if thats possible). Where did the coil mount on the block that i have? was it a different coil?
also, ive changed the cam pos censor, but im still getting a code for it. could the coil have anything to do with it?
Thanks,
Lightfoot

Back