• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about tires

skullcandy

NAXJA Forum User
This may have been covered not sure but am looking to run 33x12.50.15r and looking for the perfect tire had wildcat EXT's in mind all my buddies ran them and loved them but have heard they wear funny.... any advise would be greatfull i want a all around tire thats good for snow, mud, sand, rock with a good tread pattern thanks

BFG M/T, Maxis Bighorn & Truxus M/T seem to get the most positive feedback. I've had the BFG & Bighorns, both were excellent but if I go back to a mudder it'll be the Truxus. I put my Bighorns on my sons' XJ because they were too noisey for me. but I'm old & picky & run Les Schwab generic A/Ts because they work good & don't make so much noise.

Schwab tires are junk across the board.

I've personally run Goodyear MTRs and BF Goodrich MTs up here in WA. They work great on darn near anything. The Swamper Trxus are good for tread but the sidewalls blow goats. :)

the best tire i ever had was when i was running 31x10.50x15 on the rubicon. they were Dayton timberline m/t. there sister tire is the baja widetrack m/t, they both are wonderful tires. when i ran them i didnt get stuck on the Con.. i would stil be running them if they made then in a 37 but they do not. check them out.. very good price for what you get. im pretty sure bridgeston owns both of them. so you know its agreat tire. they also come with the 3 ply sidewalls and grip GREAT!!!

the best tire i ever had was when i was running 31x10.50x15 on the rubicon. they were Dayton timberline m/t. there sister tire is the baja widetrack m/t, they both are wonderful tires. when i ran them i didnt get stuck on the Con.. i would stil be running them if they made then in a 37 but they do not. check them out.. very good price for what you get. im pretty sure bridgeston owns both of them. so you know its agreat tire. they also come with the 3 ply sidewalls and grip GREAT!!!

I'll second that, I've seen a local guy run those on his YJ and keep up with the XJ on 31" MTRs in the traction department. he's had them 2 years and is just now starting to look for a new set.

Had 2 sets of Trxus, 31's on my 01 and then a set of 33's which were put to more use on my 94....i loved 'em but from what i've been hearing i think i'm goin w/ a set of 32" bighorns on the 95 i just got.

If money is no issue, get the BFG MT's.

If you are tight on money its hard to beat the Dayton Timberline MT, its made by Firestone and is a good all-around tire.

Ive also had Dunlop Mud Rovers and they have served me good as well.

good suggestions i really like the bfg mts but i dont know if i will be able to afford those alot of my buddies around here have supper swamper boggers on their rigs and i dont know if i want to go that extream

Back