• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THOR or others

bradow

NAXJA Forum User
OK, i've got a stock 99' XJ. It was clipped in the rear quarter panel (fender bender). The body shop wants $2000+ to fully repait it. I would be OK with just covering it up with some body armor though.
I have been out of the 4x4 scene for a little while now. It seems like I used to know this site like the back of my hand, but now I cant find jack. I remember THOR armor looked good and was reasonable in price., but I cant seem to find a website for them. I know there were a slew of other armor manufacturers too, but I cant find any good info on them with my searches either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Links, advice, whatever.
Thanks

Let the ins. pay you $2k for repairs and spend it on thor's and other stuff for it. Being in the rear quarter you could probably knock most of the dent that would be above the thor's out from inside after removing panels.

What insurance?:laugh:
It only had liability. Between insurance on this, my other XJ, and my bike, I was stretched a little thin.

Something like this is what i had in mind.
http://www.pnwjeep.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5726

This Jeep is more of a practical road warrior than anything else. It keeps my junk dry and protected, it lets me carry four of my friends and all their junk, 4x4 in case I need it for whatever reason, etc. Just dont want to spend $2000 dollars to fix a Jeep that only cost $4000.

And thanks for the links.

edit; there is no dent above where the THOR would cover, some other guy said that.

Get inside behind the panels and bang out the damage to close to body lines and then put the thor's on $350 versus $2k then once they're on if you want you can brace the thors and bang out more little dents if you wanted.

Back