• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop in K&N mpg increase results?

I use one and noticed a 2-3 mpg difference, but i also did my exhaust at the same time. So it's hard to say where it came from. Even without an mpg increase its worth the investment.

I use one and noticed a 2-3 mpg difference, but i also did my exhaust at the same time. So it's hard to say where it came from. Even without an mpg increase its worth the investment.
I noticed nothing in my jeep,corolla,and grand prix. My jeep no longer has a k&n, look inside your airhorn to the throttle body after a day or two in the dust!!

Zip, in fact I just got 18 mpg using a canister filter and paper fram from a 1994 pontiac sunbird. I won't run a K&N on an engine I care about.

The only way to truly test is a blind test.
Drop one in someone else's Cherokee without telling them and see if their mileage improves.

Whatever you do DON'T do it before they head off into the dust for a week. You might be rebuilding their engine.

I run a Kenny and Norm filter and ride in the dust all the time. I spray the filter with the included oil and clean my throttle body and intake out regularly (once a month) and never noticed and build up after dusty rides.

What are you guys suggesting to run if not a K&N?

As for gains...I've noticed nothing.

A friend of mine drives the same route every single day 75 miles one way and since it's for his business keeps close track of his mpg. A K&N filter had no more effect on his mileage than simply putting in a new air filter. I think a lot of seat of the pants effects with the K&N could be from having replaced a dirty filter.

the problem with k&n is everyone is on their nuts, and not everyone has an understanding of basic thermodynamics.

BUT IM NOT GETTING into this k&n debate.

Back