• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ho header on renix

BPB

NAXJA Forum User
I really think that an ho header will bolt right up to my renix I think that the only difference is the angle of the down pipe. I have a ho header, and a cracked renix manifold. I also have the ho down pipe. How can i test this with out taking my jeep all apart, or is there anyone that wants to trade an ho header for a non-cracked renix manifold or header?

The HO manifold will bolt up. The issues (other than the obvious downpipe difference) are that the HO manifold does not have the EGR tube, so you will have no place to connect the tube coming off of your EGR manifold, and the fact that in the HO, the oxygen sensor is in the downpipe instead of the manifold.

J

I installed a HO header on my Renix motor (head). It has worked great for years. I just had a custom down pipe made with the O2 sensor in it.

Michael

@Avanteone -- In your experience do the HO header's crack as often or bad as the Renix headers?

Yes.

The difference is that the renix manifolds crack where the individual tubes come down to the main tube and can be welded up. The HO design normally cracks at the collector where the 4 tubes come together and it's impossible to get down in there and weld it up.

J

Back