• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hazards flash when left signal on

Glacialbass

NAXJA Forum User
My hazards flash in the rear when i turn my left turn signal on. The front signal works as it should and only the left flashes. All is well when I use the right turn signal.

I replaced the flasher thinking that this could be the cause and it fixed the problem for a little while (about two-three weeks), but now it's back. Anyone have any ideas? I'd really like to get this fixed so that I can use my left turn signal again.

Look for a short in the socket. It sounds like your left rear is feeding both sides. Also if you have a hitch check your trailer light plug in. It's a trouble spot, especially it it's not a factory plug.

If this is a 97+ then your turn signal switch is bad. This is a common issue with these year models. Go to the dealer and get a new one, it will run you around $65. You will need to drop the steering column to put it in as I recall but its only a half hour job or so.

Back