• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extended Brakelines > 28"?

Why could you possibly need lines this long? I'm running 7" of lift with WJ calipers (very low banjo bolt) and don't have problems with RE lines?

n41902041_30882544_8447.jpg

I even bent the hard line straight to lower the bracket some. That's with Crown's 26" brake lines and that one's stretched to hell. I'm going to limit strap and I have 14" bilsteins to keep from over-extending the shock (although I'll have 3-4" of uptravel). Just want to make sure my brake line isn't my new limit strap.

Cal - You're probably right, 2" longer should be ok. I just worry a lot :D

You see how the shocks not connected and the coil is about to fall off?

You need limiting straps, not longer brake lines. Once your coil has unseated from the tower, additional droop does nothing but let your tire hit things.. with no weight, its not giving you any traction.

Well I figured with the cantilever action from the other side of the axle that droop still helps to an extent, although obviously there's a point of diminishing return (i.e. riding the sidewall of the tire).

I don't want anymore droop than that (I've heard the WJ draglink TRE blows) but I don't want anything but my limiting strap being my limiting strap.

EDIT:Oh and I was measuring for new shocks :D

Why could you possibly need lines this long? I'm running 7" of lift with WJ calipers (very low banjo bolt) and don't have problems with RE lines?

I have SS lines that are 34" long. I needed them cause by the time I put the full widths and 9" of lift they work perfect. It just depends on your setup. But you should put some limit straps on that thing.

I have SS lines that are 34" long. I needed them cause by the time I put the full widths and 9" of lift they work perfect. It just depends on your setup. But you should put some limit straps on that thing.

Right, but i already knew he was not running full widths nor 9" of lift. :)

Back