• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4x4 no more????

did u happen to disconnect the vacuum lines on the front axle?

hmmm i might ohave where are those located??
because the other day when i had my xj on the lift somehose lookin thing down back behind the brake rotors broke and i thought nothing of it

yup that could be it....on the passenger side of the axle tube, their should be 3 vacuum hoses...make sure their all connected.

yup, i just bought some 3/8 vaccuum hose and replaced them all the way to the "frame"

some guy was saying it might be the vacuum hoses to the transfer case that may have gone bad
from what you guys are describing i think it might be this tho...

100_0204.jpg

some guy was saying it might be the vacuum hoses to the transfer case that may have gone bad
from what you guys are describing i think it might be this tho...

100_0204.jpg

most likely its that right their

follow the lines up to the frame mount, then you can just replace them one by one, with some rubber vaccuuum hose

i got mine at checker, like 2 bucks a foot or something crappy like that. i beleive i used 1/4 in hose and i left about a half inch of plastic line on the axle side and just slid the hose over it

they should have it on a roll, and u just tell them how much of it you need, i bought 4 feet and cut it to 3 equal lengths, that way id have planty of slack for axle droop

FWIW, I bought a roll of tubing at lowes or the depot, one or the other, that was for sprinkler systems and the correct diameter. Its semi rigid and much cheaper than the vaccuum line @ parts stores. I replaced all the rigid lines under the hood that were broken if not ready to break. Been using it for well over a year now and the heat hasnt done anything yet. Highly reccomended.

Back