• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4wd Conversion Price

thats a hard one to say...you doig all teh work or is someone else doing it

I have done 2.....one MJ and one XJ did all teh work myself...sold parts I was not gonna use ana bought parts off ebay, here, JU to get everything.....each one cost me less than 1000.00

Kejtar said:
The trick is to find a nice donor :) (preferrably a rolled/trashed vehicle) and picking up all the pieces from that...

Kejtar

That would make it easiest...and ideally the donor will be of the same vintage & model as the patient.

I bought a 4x4-type AW4 and 242 from an 88 Waggy for $250 IIRC, will need to add t-case shifter/linkage/brackets, a new tranny mount, and 2 driveshafts.

A guess on total price would be $500 +/- for the conversion, but could be "free" depending how much for the donor rig and how much else ya part out.

well unless it has to do with my mustang as in doing engine work or other work on that, i'm at a loss when it comes to Jeeps. So unfortunately, I won't be able to do this work on my own :( . hmmmmm

Ajax auto says they do it all the time, they claim it can be done in less than 2 hours. You might want to call them up, they can give you a total price shiped, and if you buy the stuff from them they will give you all the tech help you need, tricks etc.

Faux4X4 said:
Ajax auto says they do it all the time, they claim it can be done in less than 2 hours. You might want to call them up, they can give you a total price shiped, and if you buy the stuff from them they will give you all the tech help you need, tricks etc.

Where is Ajzx auto located? Orange County Area?

-----------

Something i'm heavily considering..... All depending on price of parts and labor.... Keep the input coming... pro's?? con's?? spill it.... :)

Thanks

Ajax Auto Parts - RPN USA-CA(Coachella) E-mail 1-800-606-6043

http://www.ajaxauto.com

BTW, you need:
Front axle assembly geared to your rear axle, with brakes.
Transfer case (NP 231 or 242) with linkages, with speedo output calibrated to your rear axle.
Rear Driveshaft.
Front driveshaft.

I don't know if the tailcone just comes off your existing tranny and is replaced by the TC, or whether the output shaft of the tranny needs to be changed from a 2wd to a 4wd.

I REALLY doubt anybody's claim of two hours, no matter how many mechanics and their experience level.

-Rick

Here is the link WWW.ajaxauto.com
alittle late but here is a quote for jeepspeed.com

neil it is a easy swap to convert your cherokee to 4x4
we will sell you every thing to complet the job
front diff complet tranmission tranfreecase shifter
front and rear drive shafts all the nuts and bolts
complet complet for like 800 dollars now you have a price and the rest of the guys will try to sell you cheaper
just remember all our our parts are clean and warentee
complet we can even install if needed thanks john
760 398 0147

if need be... I might have a rear shaft for you :D with the yoke...
but if you're doing the conversion you might as well do the SYE...

Kejtar

yup..... I'm high paying..... now if it was high earning... that'd be different :) If you do start on the project, I might be able to stop by and lend a hand with some things :D

Kejtar

Back