• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T&T's track bar system vs. RE's extreme duty trackbar syestem

bandit455

NAXJA Forum User
Which one is stronger? I like how the RE has a crossmember brace that looks like it would some serious strength to the unibody. on the other hand the T&T bracket is formed from one piece so the bracket itself is stronger, but there is no bracing across the unibody, it is also around 80 bucks cheaper when compared to buying all 3 parts from rubicon express. What do you guys think?

I run the RE bracket and brace with a custom trackbar, and am very happy with it ; but TNT is not known for putting out crap products either.

You might call TNT and ask if they offer a brace for the trackbar bracket. I know on my rig, adding the brace really made a seat-of-the-pants difference.

I thought the T&T has a available brace now? Maybe not, I run the RE heavy duty with brace and really like it. I don't think you can go wrong either way, and I don't think you can brake a RE heavy duty bracket.

-Alex

I bent my TNT trackbar without damaging any other components. Rare, but there it is. Of the two = RE.

My trackbar is straight and is setup for high steer. It should be pretty hard to bend.

DSC03942.jpg

Mocking up the track bar.

DSC03962.jpg

Steering angles came out good.

If it's "High Steer" then why is your tierod on the bottom? :) Looks clean.

If it's "High Steer" then why is your trackbar on the bottom? :) Looks clean.

JK axles can not have the tie rod on top of the knuckle but the drag link can be flipped. That is what I am using. It sucks that the tie rod sits so low but the steering is a high steer setup not the tie rod. Until someone makes an aftermarket JK knuckle I am stuck with the low tie rod. It may not be a full high steer but I am showing the trackbar and drag link locations as high steer.

Bummer you can't flip it. They'll come out with a flip kit sooner or later. You caught my error. :)

Clayton. Their trackbar and bracket are beefy. Their bracket is weld on, some may not like that but you never have to worry about it coming loose.

I had TNT's setup and took it off to install RE's bracket and brace. I liked TNT's bracket design, but I like the RE brace better.

free shipping from RE is what did it for me :)

Hey I've got the RE track bar with the TRE, it's all i could afford at the time. I planned on upgrading next weekend actually. would it be possible to get the RE track bar Mount and the RE Super Flex joint and fit it to my current track bar?

Does anybody happen to know if I would need the large or small flex joint?

RE Hd trackbar and bracket have been awsome for me! i haven't had any problems. I think I paid 155.00 for all of it through a friend that has a shop in Maine and gets great prices(couldn't beet the price). Its a great setup!(strong)

Back